Epiphone Elitist SG NGD Pics

Discussion in 'Other Epiphones' started by ivieleague, Jul 20, 2017.

1. ivieleague

ivieleague Junior Member

I was hoping I could get some thoughts on what a fair price would be for a Epi Elitist 61 Reissue SG I ran across at a music store. It is cherry red, and it would be considered new. I know, doesn't seem possible, but no one has ever bought this. I was told that I would still be able to register it and be covered under the warranty. It still has everything that came from the factory with it. This is a music store that I have bought several Gibsons from and they have always done me right so I trust them when they say no one has ever bought it. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks

2. paruwi

paruwi Kraut-Rocker Super Mod Premium Member

They usually sell in the 600-800€/$ area as used ones, so I think if it is below 1000 it is a steal

3. radarlove

radarlove Senior Member

I have one I picked up used in 2008 in mint condition for around $500 or so as I recall. Great guitar. Does it include the elitist case with the purple lining? Mine didn't and the original owner said that's how he bought it. Case makes a difference to some folks. I've noticed that they've climbed in value with used ones in good condition going for $750 or so. $1000 would be the tip top I'd pay, but I'd tried to beat them down to around $900 or so. I've played a number of them in addition to the one I own. All were great instruments. Fit and finish top notch. Sounded great. Fugijen QC on these was excellent. The boys in Nashville could take some pointers from their Japanese counterparts. You'll enjoy it.

4. paruwi

paruwi Kraut-Rocker Super Mod Premium Member

FujiGen QC still is excellent
    :thumbs:

So true :applause:

Fuelish likes this.
  5. Pop1655

Pop1655 Premium Member

$650 plus an added number for NOS. I think that amount is up to you. I wouldn't shy away from paying a pretty good bit if you're gonna keep it. It's gonna take a hit though the second you walk out the door with it.

Great guitar!! I'd love to have it!

radarlove likes this.
  6. ivieleague

ivieleague Junior Member

Yes it includes the elitist case with purple lining, and original paperwork.

7. ivieleague

ivieleague Junior Member

Thanks everyone for all the suggestions. I talked to them today on the phone and he said $750 and he would cover the sales tax. With sales tax here that comes to $699 for the guitar and $51 for the tax. I have seen the used ones on reverb listing for 750 plus shipping so I said I would take it. I have already played it for a little over an hour and it plays very nice, I prefer a slim neck. I told them I could be back up there in 2-3 weeks and they said it would be in the back waiting on me. Like I said I have bought several guitars from them, so they know I will be up there to get it. I couldn't believe they had a new one there, those things quit being produced in 2008. I also couldn't believe that I never noticed it before, I am guessing that is because I used to only buy LP's. After getting a SG several months ago, I keep an eye out for them now. Lucky for me not too many people around here know about the quality of a MIJ guitar. If she is any thing like my Edwards LP, then I will never sell her.

smk506, paruwi and Pop1655 like this.
  8. radarlove

radarlove Senior Member

That's a fantastic deal. You won't regret it.

paruwi, ivieleague and Pop1655 like this.
  9. Pop1655

Pop1655 Premium Member

You win !!!!!!
    Congrats

ivieleague likes this.
  10. Buzzin_Cousin

Buzzin_Cousin Senior Member

Did you put money down on it? How can they guarantee it will be there for you unless you put $ down?

11. radarlove

radarlove Senior Member

NGD pics when you get it.:photos::yesway:

12. ivieleague

ivieleague Junior Member

Yes I will post pics when I pick her up. I am going to try and make it over there tomorrow and pick her up.

13. ivieleague

ivieleague Junior Member

I did ask if they wanted me to pay over the phone and they said just pay when I came up there. They said the guitar is already off the showroom floor and in the back getting new strings. I am really lucky to have such a great music store so close to me. It is the type of store when you walk in they all know your name, you look around, tell them what you would like to play, and they let you jam out without pressuring you.

14. 61LPSG

61LPSG Senior Member

Congrats,
    I can't add anything that the others haven't already told you, but you really can't go wrong with a Fujigen Elitist.
    I picked up very minty early '05 LP 2 years ago and just love it. QC is great .

15. kiko

kiko Senior Member

Post pics when you have it.

16. 61LPSG

61LPSG Senior Member

ivieleage,
    I can't see the pics :dunno:

17. ivieleague

ivieleague Junior Member

18. Skit

Skit Witch Doctor Premium Member

Congrats! Enjoy that guitar, the craftsmanship on the Elitist's is very high quality. :thumb:

19. ivieleague

ivieleague Junior Member

Hopefully the everyone can see the pics now, tried it from my phone the first time and didn't have any luck so this time I used the pc. So far I am really liking it!

Pop1655 and paruwi like this.