Epiphone Elitist light colored pickup rings

Discussion in 'The Custom Shop' started by andy007, Nov 19, 2017.

1. andy007

andy007 Premium Member

The pickup rings on my Epiphone Elitist Goldtop are not pure white but they are a lighter color than any of the pickup rings I have previously purchased. I don't know what the correct name for the color would be. I've ordered rings from Amazon, StuMac, Philadelphia Luthiers, AllParts and LMI and the colors are either too dark or they have that Gibson pink tint to them. I wanted to purchase another set but I can't find this color. These are just the standard rings that came with the guitar. I've wasted a lot of time and money ordering "samples" only to have them not be a close match.

I've seen pictures of white pickup rings and judging from the pictures, they look like they are pure white in color which is not what my guitar came with. Does anybody know what the proper name for the color is for these lighter pickup rings?

2. andy007

andy007 Premium Member

FYI . . . I was told the color is bone white and I found some on ebay.

3. 61LPSG

61LPSG Senior Member

andy,
    I don't think you will find any unless someone is selling a used set. I have an Elitist and I like the color of their plastics much better than any of the others you mentioned. I've searched a few times to find some too.
    They also are almost a perfect fit for USA rings.
    Good luck, and let us know if you find some.
    Alec

4. andy007

andy007 Premium Member

61LPSG likes this.
  5. 61LPSG

61LPSG Senior Member

Thanks, I am interested in how they look.
    They look close, but they don't say if they are metric or US hole spacing. Elitist uses US.

6. andy007

andy007 Premium Member

Just received two sets of pickup rings in the mail. They are almost an exact match to the Epiphone Elitist pick guard. Just ever so slightly off. The Elitist pickup rings are slightly darker but not by much. One set is going to go on a new guitar build and they are an EXACT match for the "bone white" binding. I am super happy with these pickup rings. First pic below are the rings against my Elitist Goldtop. Second pic are the same rings on unfinished guitar. I bought these on eBay. Link listed in previous post in this thread. Forgot to mention, I believe the eBay listing said they are Gibson spacing. Doesn't matter to me because the first install will be drilled from scratch.

Wow! I didn't realize how dirty my guitar was!

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017