Epiphone Dot .... whats your amp?

Discussion in 'Other Epiphones' started by budg, May 28, 2011.

1. budg

budg Senior Member

I have an Epi Dot Deluxe that I have been playing with. Gigged with it a few times.I have a Fender Deluxe Reverb and a Blues Jr.I cant believe I am saying this .... , but I prefer the sound of the Dot thru the blues jr.It has that crazy goodness that playing it thru the DRRI doesnt have.So I am curious what you guys play yours thru.

2. Telechamp

Telechamp Senior Member

Mine sounds pretty good thru my '69 Champ.

I use my Hot Rod Deluxe with it tho for jams or gigs.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hector Arcadius likes this.
  3. budg

budg Senior Member

I always thought the 6l6 pairings with humbuckers sounded great.Dig that champ though.

4. Telechamp

Telechamp Senior Member

Yeah, the HRDx w/ the 6l6 tubes sound great with the buckers in the Dot (as well as with my other humbucker-equipped guitars), but to me, this Dot sounds pretty good with my particular Champ, also - with the Champ's Class A tone w/ the 6v6 - However, the Champ does sound better with single coils, this is true..

5. tolm

tolm Bigsby Junkie Premium Member

I use my Epi Dot with both my amps. Sounds good through both but something about the 'openness' of the guitar really seems to bring out the best from the HT-5. Tele can sound a bit harsh through it, Les Paul has to much low-end and general umph for it but the Dot sounds sublime! :)

6. rdsmith3

rdsmith3 Senior Member

The DOT is a very versatile guitar. Here are my amps:

[​IMG]

It sounds good, but different, through all of them. When I use the Bugera V5, it has a darker, jazzier sound. I need to use the EQ to brighten that amp a bit.

When I use the Jet City, it has a more rocking sound. I tuned it to open G recently and I was playing the intro to "Can't You Hear Me Knockin'?" and "Brown Sugar."

7. Hector Arcadius

Hector Arcadius Senior Member

If you guys keep it up like this, this is going to be one-hell-of-an-amp show!

:thumb:

(subscribed...)

8. guysmiley

guysmiley Senior Member

I put a Dimarzio Super Distortion in my Dots bridge and a some other Dimarzio in the neck, so its not much of a traditional Dot sound anymore. I also stuffed the f-holes because of the volume I play it. (Heavy Metal/Stoner Rock)
    [​IMG]
    I know. What kind of a-hole would try to turn a guitar better know for classic rock, blues and jazz into such a beast? Well, I would I guess. It was only a matter of time before I grew some sort of sick fetish towards pushing a guitar not normally accustomed to heavy music, into something people eventually gave me weird looks for. I also play in drop G octave tuning, so I had to start using bass strings.
    [​IMG]
    My amps!
    [​IMG]
    JCM800 split channel (Orange 4x12)
    [​IMG]
    Musicman HD130 (Musicman 4x12)

9. dcooper830

dcooper830 Senior Member

Peavey Classic 50 4x10

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Nu2puCteRc]YouTube - ‪Epiphone DOT Peavey Classic 50 410‬‏[/ame]