Epiphone Brent Hinds Flying V

Discussion in 'Other Epiphones' started by o0sanity0o, Jan 21, 2015.

1. irocdave12

irocdave12 Senior Member

Hey guys I just wanted to let you all know this. I got mine today and all I can tell you is go buy one! I'm am literally in awe on how nice this guitar is. I haven't bought an Epi for years and have been strictly buying Gibson. But the second I caught wind of the specs on these guitars I ordered one from AMS immediately and shockingly it is here already. Literally ordered it 3 days ago! Yeah ebony board, great pups, 50's neck and a Silverburst finish all for $800 bucks hell yes I said. Gibson should be ashamed. Epi is making them look bad. There isn't one thing I can find to nit pick on this Indonesia made Epi. It's flawless and the ebony board flat out makes the one on my 2011 Gibson custom look like crap. It's is nice and black but what thrills me most is how tight grain and smooth it is. So for anyone out there waiting for some feedback... Yup these are as epic as they seem and you won't be disappointed. Also the guitar is extremely lightweight and has a kill pot not mentioned in the sales ad. I bought this guitar purely for the specs and didn't know who Hinds was other than some guy in a band and on game of thrones lol. Pups sound great to my ears. These will be out of stock very soon once word gets out. After seeing what Epi is putting out with this V I'm going to buy one of those Bjorn Gelleto LP Customs (whoever the hell he is) now with similar specs and price today.

6 people like this.
  2. Badlionsfan

Badlionsfan Senior Member

How about some pics?
    Case included?

3. o0sanity0o

o0sanity0o Senior Member

sshhhh stop telling everyone. there wont be any left for us haha

1 person likes this.
  4. irocdave12

irocdave12 Senior Member

No case with these guitars and for some reason I can't post pics on the forum using my iPad. I'll try and do a photobucket album for you guys and set up a link. Also it appears the guitars have disappeared from AMS and Zzounds and they aren't taking orders currently. I don't know what that's all about. But I got mine��

5. Tazz3

Tazz3 Senior Member

Wow there shiping all ready cool

6. AK Epi Player

AK Epi Player Senior Member

Not wanting to shift gears in a thread, but on a similar sound, have any of you listened to the new Amon Amarth album, Jomsviking? My Son turned me on to them a short while ago, (and gets to see them in 18 days!), but this album is something else. :shock: A continuing story of melodic mayhem! :dude:

The thing I really enjoy about them is the ability to listen to the lyrics, and understand them! Gutteral singing, but understandable! What a F'*ing concept!

Easily the best album I've heard in a while! :) Can't get enough!

Amon Amarth | Official Website

7. irocdave12

irocdave12 Senior Member

Just wanted to give you guys an update on some info I got today on these guitars. It's almost unbelievable so don't take it as fact but just what I was told. I spoke to both AMS and Epiphone directly today about these. AMS actually called me trying to sell me a HSC for the guitar is how this convo started. But AMS says Epi only made a tiny number of these guitars and is telling them the Hinds guitar is discontinued in the Silverburst finish already. And AMS will eventually be able to fill any back orders for them but are not selling anymore and is why they disappeared off their site so quick. This is all like a week after they announced the guitar?? Bizarre. I then called Epiphone direct and was told they only had same info as their web site but that I should be grateful I got one? Again bizarre. Well that's it. Maybe they are going to be released again in different finish but the word is the silver is done. Treat this as rumor but it's what I was told whether it has anything to do with Hinds blasting Gibson on the net who knows but from what I know if you were lucky enough to get one of these then u have a pretty rare Epiphone guitar which is kind of an oxymoron lol Good luck guys hope to hear I was wrong and a few more of you get one that wanted one

8. o0sanity0o

o0sanity0o Senior Member

ooohhhh goddamn.
    really hope this isn't true.
    I've got to wait until the end of may to order mine...

1 person likes this.
  9. AK Epi Player

AK Epi Player Senior Member

If what my Sweetwater rep's e-mail response from this morning holds true, you might want to get on a list now. He said August for delivery! :shock: Of course, that's here in the States, so hopefully it won't be as long a wait for you over there.

Don't understand how a company can "release" a new item by letting a few out into the market place, then telling all the hopeful buyers that they have to wait 4 Months before any more will be out!

Edit/update: I see that AMS has them listed with a May 7th "expected" date. Confusing, to say the least.