Epiphone 2010 Tribute Les Paul

Discussion in 'Epiphone Les Pauls' started by oldschoolblues, Aug 16, 2017.

1. oldschoolblues

oldschoolblues Junior Member

Ok guys, looking at an Epi Les Paul Tribute 2010 with the 57 Gibson pickups, its a sunburst plain maple and has asymmetrical neck, would love to hear from anyone who has one, are the fetts like those huge fat frets from usual Asian model guitars, or is it more closer to a modern Gibson. Can this be at all compared to a cheaper Gibson.

Just edited this post to say I am also looking at an Edwards Cherry E92SD also 2010, anyone has or had both, love to hear, I am guessing Edwards 92 is at lower of scale of Edwards and Epi tribute is higher scale Epi, shouldnt be too far off in quality, $650 Aus or $515 US for Epi, Edwards is at $830 Aus or $657 US, guitars in Australia are not cheap, even used. Is the extra dollars worth it for Edwards.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2017
  2. scrumm21

scrumm21 Silver Supporter Premium Member

Cannot speak for the 2010 models, however, my 2015 Epi L.P. Tribute + was a very nice guitar and the Gibson 57's sounded great in her ( sold it back in the spring) And it was comparable to my Gibson Les Paul Studio. ....imo...

3. B5Erik

B5Erik Senior Member

I've got one.

It is a GREAT guitar. I love it. It plays and sounds great.

4. oldschoolblues

oldschoolblues Junior Member

How does it compare to your 50s Tribute?

5. scrumm21

scrumm21 Silver Supporter Premium Member

both guitar had hi quality build with no body flaws or paint defects. Quality electronics come stock in the Epi. And liked the locking tuners as well. Biggest diff I noticed was a) the necks - I liked the wider neck of the 50's Tribute....and b) the 57 classic pickups in the Epi were more versatile, imo, than the 490/498 combo in the gibby. More articulate - not as muddy. Am currently fighting a grounding issue in the Gib 50's Tribute... very noticeable when gain is turned up.

6. Buzzin_Cousin

Buzzin_Cousin Senior Member

Regarding the frets, I have not seen much variation other than Jumbos in any les paul whether Korean Chinese or Japanese.
    Not sure about Gibson
    Kind of strange when you think about it that there isn't more options.
    fender has multiple options of fret wire in their line up for years