epi lp 100 or epi special

Discussion in 'Epiphone Les Pauls' started by lp junior freak, Sep 14, 2007.

1. lp junior freak

lp junior freak V.I.P. Member V.I.P. Member

i want one but i also want the special 2 or special 2 deluxe wich one do you think is best :photos: i you have pics it would be nice :thumb: thanks for the help :thumb:

2. Funky Bob

Funky Bob Junior Member

lp 100 for sure
    its a great guitar
    i love it just maybe slap a Burstbucker in the bridge position and ur good to go
    i'll try to get some pics :thumb:

3. nick8292

nick8292 Junior Member

Dude..get a standard or a standard plus...really great guitar..pups are quality

4. lp junior freak

ok thanks for your sugestions but my mom dosnt want me to spend much on a guitar since i just spent 300 on one and then bought a case. i play country and souther gospl and my moms trying to steer me away from electric. but i still love my lp:thumb:

5. guitarguru

guitarguru Senior Member

LP 100!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! all the way it is worth the extra money

6. lp junior freak

it is you got it !!!!!!!! hows the sound on it . when did you get it man. congrats:thumb:

7. Iceman0124

Iceman0124 Senior Member

8. guitarguru

guitarguru Senior Member

thanks i got it about 3 or 4 weeks ago,the sound's good.I agree funky bob on the burstbucker,but it's your choice good luck on getting one if you want it

P.S. i got the vintage sunburst,it looks great!

ROCK ON!!!!

9. lp junior freak

awsome !!!!!!!!!! im glad you like it .i want to get some wb pickups on it then it will be awsome:thumb:

10. Marshal

Marshal Member

If WB is the way you're going I can vouch for the HVTP's and the VTP's. They sound great. I think Will prefers the Firewaters and I hope to try those out soon myself. Give Will a shout and tell him what you're looking for and he'll fix you right up.

11. apollo_13rocks

apollo_13rocks Junior Member

why not try a used lp standard? its bout the same price as a new lp100 or
    lp specials. but better quality and tone. just a suggestion.

12. guitarguru

guitarguru Senior Member

that could be a good idea apollo

13. Iceman0124

Iceman0124 Senior Member

The agile I linked is pretty much the same quality and all the features as an epi LP standard from all I've read, at the price of an lp 100, a total electronics overhal and proper setup should net you a serious axe, I'm seriously considering one myself, the special and 100 are good starter guitars, or for the very causal player, but will get outgrown rather quickly, if money is tight, the agile, or saving up for an epi standard appear to be your best bets, as someone who spent lots of money buying guitars "close" but not quite to what I wanted, over and over, I quickly learned that its a lot cheaper to get what you want from the get go, in the first place, instead of settling, being unsatisfied, and eventually plunking more money down for what you wanted all along. I've had probably close to 100 guitars over my lifetime, at present time I have 5, 3 of which I've had for 10 years or more, and dont plan on parting with ever. Good luck, just be sure to research, and check out all your options before committing to something you may not be happy with for long, honeymoons can end rather quickly, especially with musical equipment, cheap or expensive alike.

14. lp junior freak

thanks iceman i look at used equipment. the one thing is i need to test it befor buying

15. Gigan

Gigan Senior Member

Ice that is a sweet looking copy and priced nicely, thanks for the tip:applause: