Epi Dot vs. Sheraton - build wise

Discussion in 'Other Epiphones' started by IRG, Jan 13, 2014.

1. colchar

colchar Banned

I found a used Sherry (in ebony) in my local store late last week. I compared it to two other used ones they had in stock and liked it the best. It turned out to be a Korean version.

I was in there earlier today (just a pop in to visit a friend who works there) and noticed a used Epi Dot (in natural). I tried it out unplugged and wow, what a wonderful guitar! It was so bright and lively. I will pop in again on Friday to compare the Sheraton to the Dot back to back. I will also play them both plugged in (I have played the Sherry plugged in but not the Dot).

I was all set to buy the Sheraton but that Dot made me pause. I think I would prefer the Sheraton just based on looks but will go with whichever sounds and feels the best (and the Dot is about 50% of the price of the Sheraton, although the Sheraton does come with a hard case).

1 person likes this.
  2. Bytor1958

Bytor1958 Senior Member

Wear a blindfold so you can't tell. The Sherry is pretty.. It might sway you..LOL

1 person likes this.
  3. twiggidy

twiggidy Senior Member

The Gibson ES335 is a damn beautiful guitar. I'm all for value, but damn, the more I look at that thing and then look at the Epi Dot, I'm sorry. I really puts the Epi to shame. But for $3k more i better. I feel like that's not a guitar you buy. You wait until you're famous and Gibson gives you one, or else like you said, it becomes a mantle piece because there's no way that thing goes out in public (not without a security guard at least).