Electra Mpc

Discussion in 'Other Single-Cuts' started by WRS, Jun 9, 2013.

1. WRS

WRS Member

Anybody have one of these?I bought it around 1976 or 77.It had the fuzz and phaze shifter modules.I sold in around 1988(BIG MISTAKE).I wish I still had it.

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
  2. circles

circles Senior Member

I know this is an old post, but I had to reply, as I had a BEAUTIFUL sunburst Electra MPC when I was in high school. Really a nice guitar, I'd hold it up against most regular Les Pauls, but had to sell it during hard times. I know some would consider the modules a gimmick, and maybe they were, but I wish I still had it as well. Glad to see someone else who had one. They are hard to find these days!

1 person likes this.
  3. Nikki

Nikki Member

I was lucky enough to buy one of these gems a few years ago.
    Allow me to introduce: ´77 Electra MPC X330

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  4. WRS

WRS Member

Nikki thats one Beautiful Electra MPC.

5. WRS

WRS Member

I had completely forgotten about this post.Thanks for responding Circles and Nikki.I was beginning to think I was the only one who bought one of these.The modules in the back of this Guitar were pretty high tech back then.Also mine played and sounded awsome.

Attached Files:

6. workerunit

workerunit Senior Member

I have a dead mint, like new very early Electra Omega with the Gibson style "lawsuit" headstock. I had it Pleked and set up, It is a really great player and it has a large sonic range, although the pickups are a bit micophonic. It has a somewhat thick neck, kinda like a 50's Gibson Les Paul.

1 person likes this.
  7. Texsunburst59

Texsunburst59 Senior Member

I've got 2 . One is a Black X-310 and the other is a Red X-320. Here's some pics. I've got 2 MPC fx packs which are the Treble/Bass Boost and the Phase Shifter.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  8. RCSBlues

RCSBlues Junior Member

I've got three now -
    Electra MPC X340 and MPC X330 purchased new in 1977 and 1979 respectively - although both are 1977 models (see my avatar)
    Please have a free listen / download of the X340 from our live track from 1979 "In Memory of Elizabeth Reed" at http://www.reverbnation.com/rcsblues/songs and now also an Electra Omega Prime Ceruse purchased new in Feb 2017 - IMG_0385.JPG

Last edited: Sep 28, 2017
    bluesriffdev likes this.
  9. bluesriffdev

bluesriffdev Senior Member

Is that with the Peter Green flipped magnet mod or do they just reverse the neck pickup for looks?

10. RCSBlues

RCSBlues Junior Member

One would hope that it has the Peter Green flip -
    Here are the stats:
    IMG_0399.JPG

bluesriffdev likes this.
  11. RCSBlues

RCSBlues Junior Member

Confirmed by Ben Chafin of Electra Guitars 03/20/2017 that this guitar was pulled down from the stack of NAMM 2017 guitars and was shipped to the Dallas music store which I bought it from – Electra_Guitars_NAMM_2017_01.jpg that’s my new guitar just to the left of the red one (right) on the back row:

12. RCSBlues

RCSBlues Junior Member

Peter Green flip has been confirmed by Mick Donner of Electra guitars -

"I have to admit, I'm a fan of the Peter Green flip. Also, when you coil-split the pickups, this makes the two inside coils active making the middle position even more "stratty". I think I swapped that one just to see how it would sound. If the look bugs you, it can just be turned around." Mick

My reply was that I was more than happy that he made the change - and love the sound - and the "look" - I believe I will leave it the way it is as the neck pickup has been flipped.

And thanks bluesriffdev for pointing it out; I knew when I first opened the box and was that it was reversed I thought it was just for looks.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2017
    bluesriffdev likes this.
  13. solderjunkie

solderjunkie Senior Member

Thrashed this X220 MPC in a post-punk band back in the 80's...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It was my first set-neck guitar! Replaced the effects, controls and pickups with conventional LP setup. Just sold it a year or so ago.

14. bluesriffdev

bluesriffdev Senior Member

It sounds great. I'm going to do the flip at next string change on my edwards (looks a lot like greenie's did in the 70s - that guitar is basically yellow now). From what I hear, it doesn't affect the neck or bridge sounds individually at all, so I don't see why more people don't do it.

15. RCSBlues

RCSBlues Junior Member

Nice axe - I added a TP-6 fine tuner bridge to each of my X340 and X330 Electra MPC's - but that's all I have done.

Too bad you had to sell it -