Edwards LP's?

Discussion in 'Other Single-Cuts' started by WBPickups, Apr 17, 2007.

1. WBPickups

WBPickups Guest

Hello all..........

Has anybody had any experience with these guitars? I have a lead on a nice one with P-90's that I am wanting to get. My real concern is the build quality. Are they solid? They seem very reasonably priced?

Thanks guys...

WB

2. FLICKOFLASH

FLICKOFLASH V.I.P. Member

3. WBPickups

WBPickups Guest

Yeah Flick! Those Edwards are a cool deal! I think I am going to get one of those mini's for my daughter who's wanting a guitar for Christmas..

4. thefishingline

thefishingline Senior Member

my frind just got a 59' and granted it is a monster player if you can't afford a 52'

5. FLICKOFLASH

Go custom built

[​IMG]

6. WBPickups

WBPickups Guest

I think I just had a movement! Damn! That is so freakin' cool!

7. BCRGreg

BCRGreg V.I.P. Member

So who made tha damn thing? I need one!

8. WBPickups

WBPickups Guest

I think that's a custom ordered ESP Mini.... Flick?

9. FLICKOFLASH

No ,It was built by a luthier for his young son

10. Rock Johnson

Rock Johnson Senior Member

There's a 72 page long post on TGP about Edwards guits. From everything I can tell, they're an *excellent* low cost alternative to Gibson. They all have long tenons, and some of them even come in nitro.

One interesting thing - the flame / quilt tops are made of a thick maple cap with a thin veneer of flame maple glued on top. So, you get the all the tonal advantages of a maple top, but without the cost of high-grade flame maple.

lemmy loud likes this.
  11. mapleflame

mapleflame Senior Member

Navigator is the BOMB Which is ESP flagship LP builds. Edwards is a little step down but a hell of a great guitar for the price. Nitro on most of them. I have had about 5 or 6 of them. I still have a thinner neck 60' type Navigator that I still use. Has the early double white Dimarzio's. It's a very clear sounding guitar.

lemmy loud likes this.
  12. JohnInNJ

JohnInNJ Junior Member

I have but one Edwards, a relic 130 ALS, and it is one very fine guitar, both in terms of sound and feel. One thing about Edwards is that they tend to be light weight, something I happen to like a lot. Mine comes in at 7.5 pounds. Some folks prefer heavier guitars and if you're one of those, you may not enjoy an Edwards.

bluesriffdev and lemmy loud like this.
  13. lemmy loud

lemmy loud Senior Member

I have one of these, Edwards 130CD. I love it. Everything written by other people here, I agree with.
    The nitro finish and CNC work is absolutely flawless. For people who cannot do 4500 or so for a new Custom,
    these are the best alternative I could find. The only "issues", I have are, the neck is slim profile and the Duncan
    pups are pretty heavy, but really no big deal at all, just took some getting used to and adjust accordingly.
    I got mine from eBay seller, FinestMusic, and it was easily the best deal Ive ever done. Lots of communication
    and pictures on the progress of setting up and all that.
    Custom stuck in Customs in Chicago for about 10 days though. that sucked! :run:
    s-l300.jpg

14. paruwi

paruwi Kraut-Rocker Super Mod Premium Member

even after 10 years.......:naughty:

bertrand4070 likes this.
  15. scott 351 wins

scott 351 wins Senior Member

How was it shipped to you EMS, FedEx Prime?

16. lemmy loud

lemmy loud Senior Member

EMS. The box was orange-taped too. They went into it. I feared the worst when I saw they opened it, but everything was fine.
    No damage. All the paperwork was in order, I was told, "thats just the way it is. sometimes"

scott 351 wins likes this.
  17. scott 351 wins

scott 351 wins Senior Member

It had a Rosewood fret board? You had CITES paper work? Just wondering I just bought a guitar thru Rinkya and I live in Illinois so it too will pass thru O'Hare airport customs.

lemmy loud likes this.
  18. lemmy loud

lemmy loud Senior Member

Yeah, O'Hare . . . The seller had all the paperwork in order, taped in a zipper-pac type bag outside the box. But mine has a ebony fingerboard though, so not
    sure why the hold-up. Ironically, the zip pac wasnt opened, but the box was. Go figure!:run:
    My heart sank when I saw the orange "inspected" tape ugh . . . But, all OK:thumb: