ebay seller 35redluvr ???

Discussion in 'eBay Deals' started by markernst, Feb 14, 2009.

1. marshall

marshall Junior Member

I have been communicating with Ebay ethics group about how my case was handled. I think they will agree that I should have receive the guitar. This may be bad press for WWBW when this is over. They should have just shipped me the guitar.

2. bucklerash

bucklerash Senior Member

Like several of you, I won two of her auctions but did not get the guitars (did get the $ refunded of course). I'm not sure why people would blame WWBW. The eBay seller was purchasing guitars from them (so she says) and then re-selling on eBay. The difference being the guitars were drop shipped from WWBW (or MF). It's really no different than me buying a guitar from Musician's Friend and then selling it on eBay. I'm the first owner, selling it used. MF has nothing to do with it. Her PayPal account obviously was frozen when eBay suspected fraud (or whatever the real reason was she was shut down); so the orders stopped. If she was more discrete (ie, not listing several hundred items at once advertised as brand new), I doubt there would have been a problem. I see authorized Gibson dealers selling new guitars on eBay all the time (but advertised as used "mint" condition). Anyway, I'm just glad we all got our money back...

3. Kickstand

Kickstand Senior Member

I would be surprised if the seller purchased hundreds of guitars from mf/wwbw but that's just my opinion. I think a more likely scenario is that wwbw/mf was using her to sell their guitars as they would probably be in trouble with Gibson for selling so low. According to the auctions these were being pre-sold and were absolutely brand new. I could be wrong but I doubt if I called wwbw/mf and asked them if I could buy several hundred guitars for thousands less than street price and have them shipped to the auction winners that they would be up for that. Just my opinion of course but the good thing is that most everyone got their guitar or their money back.

4. dennistruckdriver

dennistruckdriver V.I.P. Member

Hey, Warlock.....where'd ya go? No more hangin' out with us here?

5. Guitarzandstuff

Guitarzandstuff Senior Member

It's obvious a Gibson dealer was trying to slip guitars out the backdoor below MAP and got snagged.

I repeat... OBVIOUS!!