ebay seller 35redluvr ???

Discussion in 'eBay Deals' started by markernst, Feb 14, 2009.

1. DanD

DanD Senior Member

I've made several calls to people supposedly "in the know" at both WWBW, MF and Guitar Sale. No one is admitting to anything, most of the "in the know" people are not even receiving calls...

Seeing as the seller has been taking back all shipments I have to believe that Gibson had a hand in the auctions being pulled. :cool:

2. WARLOCK

WARLOCK Junior Member

I got my money back from Paypal and I am DONE.

Good price or not. That's total BS. I'm not taking a chance of getting a blem and then having to go through returning the damn thing and everything.

It's not worth it.

3. maxisdog

maxisdog Junior Member

Hi guys.

I am new to the forum as well. I found you guys after searching for info on 35redluvr.

I ordered a Faded SG and am still waiting. I got the Ebay/PayPal notification, and started a claim. Now I am wondering if they are going to cancel the shipment (If there actually is a shipment)?

4. pbsaz

pbsaz Junior Member

My shipment was cancelled and I haven't received a refund. Paypal said they would respond by today but so far the silence is deafening.

5. Duke_18_watt

Duke_18_watt Senior Member

My PP account was credited back today. Pissknockers...I wanted that GO. :rolleyes:

6. pbsaz

pbsaz Junior Member

Since it's already late in the day, I decided to call Paypal. While I was on the phone with them they credited my account. The UPS package for the guitar shows as being return to MF.

7. marshall

marshall Junior Member

I bought a Traditional on 2/14 from 35redluvr. Paid $1400. Like everyone else I got an email that it was shipped and should receive in 7 to 10 days. I filed claim on paypal. Paypal replied if the seller did not reply by 3/5 they would refund money. Time will tell. I tried to contact the seller several times with no reply. Like many other I have heard of warehouses need to liquidate over stocks. I still think great deals will pop up on popular guitars in the near future.

8. Duke_18_watt

I'll be watching for this. If anyone sees a G0 going for 2K...please email me pronto. I have to wonder how many people total got f'd in this deal, and did anybody receive exactly what they ordered and are happy with it?

9. jedi_david

jedi_david Junior Member

I got a refund from PayPal the other day...so I am done with this whole ordeal as well!

10. Duke_18_watt

Glad to hear your were refunded Jedi.

11. sk8punk83

sk8punk83 Junior Member

i purchased a standard 08 from 35redluvr right before the account was deleted. basically over the past 2 weeks my original shipment was returned to sender (wwbw) and i filed a dispute with paypal. i was suposed to get refunded last week but i told paypal to wait. when i discovered wwbw was the distro Angela Walker was shipping out through i called them and MF constantly looking for answers and to see if they could sell be the guitar at the price i'd bid on ebay for it (cheap!). i discovered that WWBW infact had access to the paypal funds i'd originally sent ( i dunno what this Angela walker was doing but she didn't take off with my cash). WWBW agreed to send me out the exact guitar i'd orignally won on ebay and i received it today, perfect, not a blem, new standard gibson 09 in box.
    the people i'd spoke with at WWBW said that i'd been the most persistant person in getting their case resolved (basically i didn't want a refund, i wanted what i'd paid for and bid on on ebay), and that my case would set the stage for others in the same boat. so my advice is to call wwbw if you haven't closed a dispute with paypal yet, it looks like they were upset their company was brought into the middle of this and do not want to tarnish their rep. here's the people i spoke with at wwbw, they are aware of the situation and should be able to send you exactly what you paid for originally:
    Elaine - customer service supervisor (works 12-9pm)
    Barry - One position higher than elaine (decision maker and gets stuff done fast)
    Erve - Seems to be the head guy there and the ultimate decision maker on this case
    If you dial the 1 800 348 5003 , go to the reception switch board and ask for these people. They're dealing with multiple guitars from this same case with Angela Walker (35redluvr) and are totally aware of everything going on. i won't tell you my name but you can tell them you know they already sent out at least one gibson for the ebay price (what i don't know is if they received your individual transaction, but they can look it up through angela walker and your ship to address)
    post on here if you need more info. WWBW is a really great company, i implore their customer service.

12. Kickstand

Kickstand Senior Member

Elaine is the person who told me to deal with 35redluvr. Maybe I'll give her a call back!

13. marshall

marshall Junior Member

I called WWBW. They basically told me I would not receive the guitar because I paid less for it on ebay than they had in it. I am disappointed. I guess they think no one has ever sold anything on ebay for less than they had in it. I have lost money many times ebay items I have sold. That is just the risk you take. The way WWBW went about their sales on ebay prevents them for getting bad feedback. If 35redluvr was willing to sell for below sticker price then 35redluvr should be responsible for paying WWBW for the sales. Just my opinion. I am getting a bad taste in my mouth dealing with ebay. It also seems like WWBW and maybe many other merchants have power over ebay sales that I don't have. When I go to an auction and buy items (unrestricted or no reserve) the auction does not come to me and take the items back because the seller said they had more in the items than I paid for them. I don't buy or sale a lot of items on ebay but I do follow through with every transaction reguardless.

14. SKATTERBRANE

SKATTERBRANE Banned

15. marshall

marshall Junior Member

Paypal just emailed me that I would receive my money back. I am glad to get my money back but I don't like how this went down. For all of us who did not recieve our guitars - WE GOT HOSED. We bought in good faith.

16. sk8punk83

sk8punk83 Junior Member

you gotta be persistent, i was on the phone with wwbw for 4 days pleading my case. get on the phone and ask for barry and say you want to receive your guitar like others did, tell him paypal refunded your money but you wanna send it to them for the price originally quoted (a deal was made).
    if they say it's between you and the seller (35redluvr) ask to know what the affiliation is between wwbw and angela walker. when i spoke with Elaine she told me she knew who she was but didn't get into it. ask barry or erve what they know about her . gotta be persistent, i know it's brutal but think about if it's worth it to get your guitar for the price originally auctioned for.... i got a les paul standard 08 for $1625 (the hassle was worth it):slash:

17. dennistruckdriver

dennistruckdriver V.I.P. Member

I am 'quoting' myself to reiterate what I said before. You guys who got your guitars: Good for you! Otherwise, it seems like a lot of trouble.

18. Duke_18_watt

I have to agree. I want that G0 bad, but I'm not of the personality to call many times and plead. And, I'm a teacher and don't have the time. I'm glad it worked for some. Me, I'll just keep feeling sorry for myself. :slash:

19. sk8punk83

sk8punk83 Junior Member

who cares if it's a lot of trouble. if you went through paypal you're fully covered (YOU HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE). to me gettin a new LP for half MSRP is worth an hour or two on the phone.
    i don't think it's a "scam". wwbw had my money on file, this lady didn't take off with peoples money, something happened which prompted one of the partes to halt this operation til something (who knows what) was sorted out.
    it's not too late to cash in if you won one of the auctions, my case was settled with wwbw just last friday (just tryin to shine some light on a situation that doesn't have to be a total missed oportunity).
    i'll say my point again - if you paid with paypal you're fully covered anyway, why not try to get what you paid for

20. Duke_18_watt

I never thought it was a scam either. I think a bunch of worrying types helped get the plug pulled on some really good deals. I'm happy you got your guitar. I personally don't have time or energy to bother WWBW and it's not my style.