ebay seller 35redluvr ???

Discussion in 'eBay Deals' started by markernst, Feb 14, 2009.

1. Duke_18_watt

Duke_18_watt Senior Member

Kickstand, email me to the email address in my profile. I'd rather communicate directly. I just got off the phone with Paypal. When I called they transferred immediately to a senior rep. She has not contacted them yet. They have given her a Feb. 25 deadline according to the senior acct. rep I was speaking with.

2. dennistruckdriver

dennistruckdriver V.I.P. Member

Customer - 02/19/2009 08:07 AM
    Do you have any association with this eBay seller, 35redluvr?
    I am a member of the forum, MyLesPaul.com, and it is being discussed that you are selling leftover stock through this account.
    Please help me, as I would like to have a Les Paul at the prices being advertised by this seller.
    Thanks.
    Dennis Eaton

Response (Chris) - 02/19/2009 05:55 PM
    Dear Musician,

Thank you for your recent inquiry. We are not affiliated with 35redluvr. They were a seller based out of Idaho, where do not have any operations. We apologize for any inconvenience.

You can find all our clearance and blo-out electric guitars here though: Shop Guitars, Electric Guitars, Solid Body Electric Guitars | Clearance Center | Musician's Friend

If you would like to place an order, please call 800-391-8762 or visit our website at Musician's Friend | Your Online Music Instrument & Pro Audio Store | Best Prices, Great Service .

Please feel free to contact us if you have any more questions or concerns.

We appreciate you choosing Musician's Friend.

Have a great evening!

3. over the hills

over the hills Junior Member

Unfortunately their clearance stuff is priced about $500 higher than the bin price for the same item that 35redluver was selling. Depending on the extent of 'blemishes' I would probably take one at that price. I mean, they were selling new blemished guitars for the price of a lot of used blemished ones.

4. noodles2loud

noodles2loud Junior Member

Your theory makes much sense, especially after reading that they definitely did not want the Gibson company contacted regarding this matter. The seller would have had more credibility selling the guitars for a few hundred bucks more, and they still would have been good deals.

A friend who works at the local GC told me today that the prices on some LPs are coming down, but nowhere near the prices we saw on eBay. Ironically, he tells me Fender is raising prices by 30% (!) next month. Street price on a USA Standard Strat will be 1300. Great way to sell a lot more Strats in a down economy.

5. jonesy

jonesy GLOBAL WIRING GURU MLP Vendor

Not to get to far off subject of this thread, but IMO I don't think Fender has or is flooding the market with Strats Like Gibson is with Les Pauls? Supply and demand, if you make more than you can sell, well you know the rest.

Gibson has forced out a lot of the smaller-med mom and pop stores that have been moving guitars for them and put them in the hands of the giants MF/GC etc. Now the economy has taken a dive they are stuck with them.
    I am sure you guys will get your guitars or your money back from paypal. If you got a blemished guitar, and listing said new non-blem and do not want to keep it, "Item not received claim" with Paypal is valid for that because you did not get the item you thought you were buying. This thread has been very interesting reading to say the least and nice to hear my 2003 American Standard Strat is going to be going up in value :)

peace, jonesy

6. nitrous12

nitrous12 Senior Member

Yeah I also heard Fender is raising prices...20 or 30% not sure which.

Gibson usually raises 10%. Not confirmed for this year, but if it happens it will be soon.

I have been wondering if any of the folks that bought from 35redluvr saved a copy of the auction. Screenshot or printout of it, because unlike other valid auctions that hang around in completed listings for a while these seem to be completely gone. Can't even view old ones or ones I had marked in MyEbay to watch.
    W/out something it may be tough to prove the wording of it and that it stated non-blem, new in-box, not B-stock, etc

7. Duke_18_watt

Getting back on topic...Kickstand, have you heard anything yet?

8. Kickstand

Kickstand Senior Member

Nothing yet.

9. jedi_david

jedi_david Junior Member

Hey guys, first time poster here. Anyways, just to add to this saga:

I bought a Studio from this seller on Tuesday evening. I thought I got a killer deal at $700, and I went to bed a happy guy.

I wake up Wednesday morning, and of course I see the notice that the listing had been removed and the PayPal payment was in dispute.

I tired emailing this user several times and even tried calling once, but got no response. So now the waiting game begins. Will the guitar ever come? Or will I get a refund? Hopefully SOMETHING happens.

Anyways, I'll keep you guys updated.

10. Duke_18_watt

Did you call Paypal? I did and they set my mind at ease. At the very least we'll get our money back.

My advice it to keep watching ebay as someone is going to have to move this "overstock" stuff.

11. Kickstand

Kickstand Senior Member

I spent about ten minutes with the traditional I got from the auction yesterday afternoon comparing it to my McCarty and R8's and I gotta say it's an awesome guitar. The setup is perfect and it sounds and plays fantastic!

12. jedi_david

jedi_david Junior Member

No, I haven't contacted PayPal yet. What exactly did they tell you?

13. WARLOCK

WARLOCK Junior Member

Hey guys, new to the forum. I'm in the same boat as the rest of you guys. I won an auction for one of the GLP customs with the nickel hardware and uncovered pickups for like $2100 which is a great price but same deal, at first great contact with the seller, after payment was made, nothing. Got the emails form Ebay and Paypal that the auctions were shut down, filed a claim with Paypal, now here's the catch:

I have an open claim with Paypal but 35redluvr responded to Paypal with a legit tracking number. I tracked it and noticed that it looks like it will be delivered tomorrow, HOWEVER, I also noticed under the tracking info that
    35redluvr has a request for Delivery Interception/Return to Seller open with UPS, undoubtedly because they got the email that I opened a claim with Paypal to have my money refunded.

Now, if I sign for it tomorrow, if it really does arrive, how does that work if UPS messes up and was supposed to send it back to the seller. I don't want to get stuck where I receive it, sign for it, and then UPS comes back the next day looking to take it back. Then I get screwed.

Any advice?

14. WARLOCK

WARLOCK Junior Member

Can someone PM me the contact info?

Thanks guys.

15. dennistruckdriver

dennistruckdriver V.I.P. Member

If you have any doubt, refuse it, then you can get your money back.

16. jonesy

jonesy GLOBAL WIRING GURU MLP Vendor

Even if you except item and have a claim pending you still have two options

1. If guitar arrives and you like it and decide to keep it you can close claim and the guitar is yours end of story.

2. If guitar arrives and it has blem marks etc. and listing said New Non-blem you can still file item not received because it is different than the item you thought you were buying. Then you would ship it back etc, and paypal will eventually refund you your money.

3. Would be if guitar never arrives, you would still claim item not received and paypal will refund you what you paid.

Paypal is a very safe way to buy online, the Seller always has risk of charge back when paid by Paypal. You should be Ok bro either way :thumb:

17. pbsaz

pbsaz Junior Member

I'm in the same boat as Warlock. I paid for my Les Paul Traditional on 2/10. I got the same messages from Ebay and Paypal. Paypal received a response from the "seller" with a UPS tracking number that also shows while it was enroute to be delivered, the shipper requested it to be returned. I have no way to get in touch with the seller so if anyone has that info, I'd really appreciate it. According to UPS the "shipper" is Music Audio & Distribution. I've tried looking them up by doing s search on google but no luck.

18. Kickstand

Kickstand Senior Member

PM me and I can give you her email address.

19. pbsaz

pbsaz Junior Member

Thanks, this whole thing belies logic. UPS called me this morning to let me know that they are returning the shipment to Musician's Friend. They were kind enough to give me their number so I called and found out that MF was shipping it on behalf of, yep you guessed it, Woodwind and Brass. The reason cited for MF requesting return shipment is they got my address wrong as they mixed up my office address with my home zip code. I was told they couldn't correct the address and would be sending me a refund, by check. I guess I asked so many questions that the rep gave me another number and a verification code. When I called that number, still MF, the rep was very pleasant and said my guitar was scheduled to be received back at the warehouse tomorrow but she would correct my address and have it shipped overnight. I'll report back when and if that happens. She couldn't give me a order number from B&W so I'm not going to call them. Very strange set of circumstances.

20. Kickstand

Kickstand Senior Member

Even stranger that WW/BW and MF denies any affiliation with the ebay seller.