ebay seller 35redluvr ???

Discussion in 'eBay Deals' started by markernst, Feb 14, 2009.

1. markernst

markernst Junior Member

Seems like an ebay store with a lot of Gibson's offered, BUT in his feed back there is NOT one feedback listed regarding a purchase of his guitars. The feedback is about lesser priced things like stands and electronics! Also he stated the guitars are coming from his supplier and not him so there is no actual photo?
    here's a link to one of his listings
    BRAND NEW!! Gibson 2008 Les Paul Standard Plus Electric - eBay (item 120378116755 end time Feb-14-09 10:46:17 PST)

anyone have experience with this seller?

2. kalcris

kalcris Senior Member

I saw the same thing, there was one Joan Jett LP jr I think that sold for $699.

3. markernst

markernst Junior Member

fwiw, i sent him a question yesterday on an auction and no reply as yet

4. kalcris

kalcris Senior Member

He has a lot of LP's at what look to be very good prices. A local music store quoted me $2000 for a new standard, and he beats those by a couple of hunddred. If it is legit.

5. bfcg

bfcg Senior Member

Might be legit. But how could somebody say "no blemishes" on any new gibson?

6. kalcris

kalcris Senior Member

Especially if he doesn't have them in stock.

7. thepacifist20130

thepacifist20130 Senior Member

That could be the result of copy-paste.
    However, the prices ARE insane to the point of doubt.

Though he does have an LPVM at $1099

8. Mike60

Mike60 V.I.P. Member

...reeks of a big scam.

9. JimmyAce2006

JimmyAce2006 V.I.P. Member

10. markernst

markernst Junior Member

several LP auctions ended this weekend, so waiting to see if feedback shows up later. this could be perfectly normal seller but it's just wrong to not have actual photos of LP's in my opinion. i would never bid on a LP not having seen the top, maybe a solid color yes, but i would have to see my flame upfront!

11. markernst

markernst Junior Member

Les Paul Forum

thinking this is GC/MF overstocks....I have been wondering if & when the big guys, becoming nervous with the economy, start unloading some inventory.

but i would be careful to the max!!!!!!!!! No warranty and 20% restocking fees, indirect drop shipping!

12. jonesy

jonesy GLOBAL WIRING GURU MLP Vendor

Positive feedback rating Good, quick transaction, great price Buyer:
    guitarist12504 ( 2 )
    Feb-14-09 12:15
    BRAND NEW!! Gibson Faded SG Special Electric Guitar (#120378095623) US $524.00 View Item

Just pulled this off the guys recent feed back :)

13. noodles2loud

noodles2loud Junior Member

I have seen the many listings this seller has at ridiculously low prices. I googled his user name and found this discussion page, so I joined this forum.

Yes, as mentioned above, he has good feedback for the faded SG, but the feedback was left same day as purchase (4 hours after the time of purchase on Feb. 14). Who leaves feedback for an expensive item they have not received yet?

Another red flag. A search of completed listings for 2008 Les Paul Standard Plus (he has a ton of these) shows 31 results. 27 are his. Of those, 12 sold,
    ranging from 1499 to 1852.99 - all great prices for a guitar that has a legit street price of 2699. But there are 15 of his guitars with similarly low opening bids (apparently these are "no reserve" auctions) that had no bids at all. I would think they would all sell fairly quickly at his prices. Are there people out there who know something we don't, or is it just a case of most people thinking "If its too good to be true....".

I also have sent him a question about one of his auctions, and will post again if I get a response. As soon as I see some feedback from LP buyers, I might take the chance, but I would contact a buyer first, regardless of any positive feedback that might be left.

14. markernst

markernst Junior Member

see post #11 for more info.

15. jonesy

jonesy GLOBAL WIRING GURU MLP Vendor

I just noticed that he is located in Indiana (and so am I) I just asked him if local pickup was available on one of the new Gibsons. Waiting to hear back from him with a reply.

16. b-squared

b-squared Banned

Kinda sounds like a dealer is liquidating stock.

Is Sweetwater in Indiana?

BB

17. nitrous12

nitrous12 Senior Member

ha...I just emailed this guy through ebay as well. Came over here and this thread jumped out at me with the username.

I get awesome prices through a contact locally, but this is even better. I am looking for a new Traditional and the local shop doesn't have a lot of options and the typical yearly price increase by Gibson is upon us soon so I wanted to do something like NOW.

This is damn tempting, but after reading this and the thread over on lespaulforum I don't know if its worth it. If these are returns or if there is any problem even if I am the first to open the case....20% to restock a guitar that could potentially have a factory defect. I know it says there is no problem, but we all know some of the horror stories of Gibsons just out of the box. I know it is a freak case and its a tangent discussion, but it could happen....even if just due to extreme weather during shipping.

18. Kickstand

Kickstand Senior Member

It's got to be GC or MF trying to cut losses. If you click on any of the pics they are linked to pics at MF. Also, he has R0 plaintops which I believe were only offered through GC?

19. MrWrong

MrWrong V.I.P. Member

I'm skeptical. If you look at their feedback, a few months ago they were selling cheap watches, jewelry, and MP3 players. Somewhat suddenly they are selling expensive guitars that they don't actually have in their possession. I'd be careful on this seller.

20. nitrous12

nitrous12 Senior Member

I received a response from 35rudluvr.

I had asked if the 20% stocking fee applied in the event of a problem with the guitar from the factory.

The response was that it would not.
    Still a little leary of how that would go down if say you open the case and there is a gouge on the binding edge, or a crack in the back from the endpin hole, etc. Is it really as easy as shipping it back and getting your money back?