Earthquaker Devices...who's got them?

Discussion in 'Pedals' started by LesterNtele, Aug 15, 2012.

1. LesterNtele

LesterNtele Senior Member

Got a chance to try out some Earthquaker Devices pedals. Wow. They have a lot of the old standard types of effects, but each one has some strange, unique twists.

The one I had to have was the Organizer. Sweet organ effect tones. A cool shimmer alternative.

Which ones are you rockin? Tell us about the one(s) you have.

2. kboman

kboman Senior Member

I have a Hoof. Very compressed, high gain Muff-type pedal (Si/Ge hybrid) that somewhat counter-intuitive to this is quite touch sensitive. It's an aquired taste, and personally I prefer a less compressed distortion.

3. 2009LPGT

2009LPGT Senior Member

I had the Ghost Echo thing. It was the noisiest, crappiest reverb I have ever tried. Build quality was awesome but performance on that one sucked!! Now the Hoof would be fun to try!!

Congrats on the Organizer! That would also be fun to try!

4. StandingWave

StandingWave Senior Member

I'm interested in the Dirt Transmitter and Tone Reaper. I had a Speaker Cranker for a day. It sounded awesome but needs a volume knob to be practical.

5. y3llo

y3llo Member

I have a Dispatch Master (Reverb/Delay) and I love it. Ambiance in a box!

In response to the Ghost Echo mentioned above, which is basically an earlier version of the Dispatch Master, I did notice it is very sensitive to your power supply. This pedal does not work properly on a daisy chain setup, becomes very noisy. A quality dedicated or isolated power supply is needed! This is due to the pedal being equipped with an internal voltage regulator..

6. 2009LPGT

2009LPGT Senior Member

Nope, not the power supply. It was powered with a PP2+. The one I had was pure junk and I sent it back. I did not bother with another one as I was not confident that it would help. That kind of hiss and noise is usually characteristic of the model. Perhaps they have fixed that issue, maybe I had a bad one, whatever. The one I had was easily the worst reverb I ever heard. However, I would try other Earthquaker pedals, just not the Ghost Echo. It is ok to have a rotten apple occasionally and say that you got one.:thumb:

7. LesterNtele

I tried that dirt transmitter. Pretty strange. A dial that sounds like an amp who's bias is out of whack..... Why? Guess somebody out there would like it.

8. artmx47

artmx47 Senior Member

I have one of their delays

9. Maccadude33

Maccadude33 Senior Member

I have a Grand Orbiter phaser. It also double as a more subtle vibrato effect pedal as well. I find that when I have both this pedal and my OD pedal engaged, my AC15 is driven a little more than usual. It sounds great!

For a long time, I wanted one of the Bit Commander pedals. When I finally got around to being able to buy one, both PGS and Prymaxe were out of stock! I wanted to wait for them to restock the things, but since the Bit Commander is such a niche device and I was in need of other, more "normal" effects anyhow, I looked around and saw the phaser. Figuring it could be more versatile than a Phase 90 from MXR, I decided to take a chance on it. I'm not disappointed at all! I recommend it.

1 person likes this.
  10. Hector Arcadius

Hector Arcadius Senior Member

I would LOVE to own one of these, as well:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHlSQVDOETA]Earthquaker Devices Organizer - Demo by Just Nick for Rock n Roll Vintage - YouTube[/ame]

Not a ''priority-pedal'', but sure a ''lots-of-fun-and-still-musical-pedal'' to have on one's board.

11. TeaForTwo

TeaForTwo The Guitar Whisperer Premium Member

I love what they have to offer.....I gotta start my Wampler collection first....

I, ah, just started my Catalinbread collection.....Not cheap....Hmmmm.............

2 people like this.
  12. y3llo

y3llo Member

I should have asked about your setup first. Just seemed like a coincidence that I just dealt with the exact same scenario. Ah well...

13. markophonic

markophonic Senior Member

I have one of these.

It works great on my 5f2a tweed princeton that has only a tone control and a Fender Excelsior with no tone control...just a bright switch.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XNxEVlvK-c[/ame]

1 person likes this.
  14. matthew bear

matthew bear Senior Member

I have a organizer in the mail as we speak...

1 person likes this.
  15. StrictlyRhythm

StrictlyRhythm Member

Tried a Dispatch Master myself. Didn't sound as good as the clips online, and added a lot of hiss. Tried running from my Iso5 and off battery, same deal.

Shame too, I really like their take on pedals.

16. indeedido

indeedido Senior Member

I have the Tone Job. I love it. Very simple, I don't want to alter the tone of my amp that much and a 7 or 10 band eq does that too much. The Tone Job let's me adjust things just right. And you can use it as a mega clean boost too!

I'd like to get my hands on the White Light Overdrive.

17. Guitarcats

Guitarcats Senior Member

Ordered a Pulse tremolo off of EBay that should be here tomorrow. Couldn't find much out there for reviews but the few clips I heard sounded good.

18. LesterNtele

I have the Organizer myself. LOVE that thing.
    I am now hot for the Rainbow Machine chorus. Its so tricked out! Forget the 80's sound...this is the new deal.

19. matthew bear

matthew bear Senior Member

Organizer in the house! so cool!

I like to turn the choir knob up and hit a Dm chord... like drakula!

1 person likes this.
  20. Hector Arcadius

Hector Arcadius Senior Member

I would like one of those myself...