DV Mark Multiamp

Discussion in 'Amp Modeling' started by Drew1986, Feb 21, 2017.

1. Drew1986

Drew1986 Senior Member

I recently stumbled upon the DV Mark Multiamp while watching some Kiko Loureiro (Megadeth) clips as well as Frank Gambale and Michael Angelo Batio. The tones sound pretty good from what I've herd so far. How do these compare to a Kemper or other variant? Price isn't terrible either.

2. cybermgk

cybermgk Singin' the body lectric Premium Member V.I.P. Member

I had to go and learn up on it.

One thing that is interesting, is it is the first modeler made by what WAS a Tube amp company.

It is more akin to an Axe, Helix or, in reality an Amplifire. It is a modeler, but a very limited one.

First off you have 3 channels. Each you can create a modelled preset for, So, basically only 3 model presets at a time.

Each preset has 8 blocks for the signal chain, one of which is always the CAB, whether you disable it or not. And considering one needs to be an Amp block, that leaves only 6 spots for FX. Somewhat limited choices on the FX, 17 in total for everything choruses, reverbs, dirt, etc. Manual didn't list the available amp models, but demo showed the screen, and it appears there are 8 to 12 max.

In reality this seems to be a stripped down pod with a power amplifier.

From what I heard, it's tone is so-so. It's below all the current gear, Amplifire, Bias, Helix Axe, Kemper.

Watch some vids. I was unimpressed with the tone.

3. fleahead

fleahead Senior Member

A good friend in Italy, Stefano "Sebo" Xotta has been an early endorser of theirs.... They do sound nice. Looking at this photo reminds me how long I've known him.... before tattoos, lol
    [​IMG]

4. frankv

frankv What Are You Waiting For? Double Platinum Supporter Premium Member V.I.P. Member

By what WAS.... hahahahaha. You will see more of that pretty soon.

5. cybermgk

cybermgk Singin' the body lectric Premium Member V.I.P. Member

I think so too. I thought that was interesting. A semi-boutique amp company. Well, upscale at least.

6. NeubyWanKaneuby

NeubyWanKaneuby Senior Member

Necro bump. @Drew1986, did you ever get one of these? I'm thinking of trading my Panama Inferno for one...