Down Brownie™ 6G3 Brown Deluxe From Cutthroat Audio; check out the Keith Nelson demo!

Discussion in 'Sponsor Classifieds' started by Ron W, Dec 9, 2016.

1. Ron W

Ron W Cable Guy MLP Vendor MLP Sponsor

Check out this Down Brownie demo track laid down by Keith Nelson that just plain rocks:

https://soundcloud.com/user-927955529-247848366/cutthroat-21

Here are Keith's liner notes he sent with guitar & amp settings, signal path, etc.:

Left speaker:
    '73 Tele Cst, Bridge position, all V and T up
    Amp:
    Brown channel, tube recto, 6g3, vol 7, tone 8.5, MV all the way up

Mic pre: vintage Neve 1073, no eq, no compression, sm57 (60%) and Beyer Dynamic M160 (40%) close mics right on speaker cloth

Right speaker:
    1959 Les Paul Jr, double cut, V and T all the way up
    Amp:
    British channel, SS recto, JTM 45, vol 7, tone 8.5, MV all the way up

Same signal path as Tele

Center gtr:
    Dave Johnson R9, Sheptone Tribute pickups, bridge position. Vol and tone on 10

Amp:
    British Channel "Jumped", Tube recto, 5e3, Brit- v 8.5, t 7.5, Brown- v8, t 3 MV all the way up

Same signal path and blend as Tele and LP Jr

One more thing... center guitar (les paul) has just a hint of spring Reverb on at mix down. All other guitars are bone dry. And I played drums and bass as well.

[​IMG]

Thank you, Keith. You rock, sir!

THDNUT likes this.
  2. Ron W

I had the privilege and pleasure of having Joe Bonamassa put a Down Brownie through its paces this week before the show here in Spokane, WA. It's well-known that Joe is a big fan of the 6G3's, so his feedback and very kind words were greatly appreciated. Hearing him play Snakebite through a very cranked DB 1025 was quite a thrill:

[​IMG]

Here's a shot of him with my buddy's uber-rare '63 Korina Strat:

[​IMG]

Joe was incredibly generous with his time and knowledge that day, and shared his vintage arsenal for this tour, including his most recent '58 Flying V. He also gave us the rundown on his current backline, which consists of (4) HP Tweed Twins; (2) vintage ones and the first (2) of the just announced JB signature 5F8 Tweed Twin reissues.

We thoroughly enjoyed the show, and were both in agreement that the '58 V sounded absolutely unreal through those HPTT's. Thanks, Joe!

3. Ron W

I have Down Brownie serial number DB 1025 ready to ship. No lines, no waiting!

This one is equipped with a Celestion Alnico Cream (broken in by Joe Bonamassa!;)). The Alnico Cream is a $200 upgrade over the stock Weber 12A125-S.

$2195 with free shipping in the US for MLP members.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2017
  4. Ron W

^^^Sold this one^^^
    Will have another DB ready to ship by 11-17-17. Can deliver with speaker delete, a stock Weber 12A125-S or an Alnico Cream. PM me for details...