Dog is resting after surgery today.

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by 45WinMag, May 19, 2018.

1. MSB

MSB Senior Member

Feel better, Troy. Its never easy, I feel bad for the guy. Of everything I've ever had to go through with animals, putting a dog in a cone is the most defeated I've ever seen an animal.

45WinMag likes this.
  2. kiko

kiko Senior Member

Get well soon Dog! :)

45WinMag likes this.
  3. 45WinMag

45WinMag Silver Supporter

Troy spent most of the evening sleeping or fighting sleep. In the pic, the only reason his eyes were open was because I was doing something right in front of him. For the ride home, he wanted to sit up and look out the window, but he was repeatedly nodding with his eyes half closed (probably looked like me about an hour into a meeting at work).

He normally sleeps on the bed snuggled up beside my leg, but he crashed out on the couch downstairs (we call it the basement even though it's really the first floor, since the living area is second floor) in our den area. I didn't want to disturb him or leave him alone, so I fell asleep on the other couch watching TV. He seems back to normal this morning after a good meal, just a little groggy from pain medication. He doesn't like the cone, but at least this time he can navigate the stairs by himself (when he had the ones on his leg removed, I carried him up and down stairs since there was a possibility of him opening his sutures). Just planning to enjoy the day with him now.

KP11520 likes this.
  4. Crotch

Crotch Support MLP Veterans & Vendors Double Platinum Supporter Premium Member

Both of these cones work really good. Top is the comfy cone. Had to use it last time because the surgery was to the eye

1.jpg

If you're trying to protect a lower extremity than the inflatable is where it's at!

22ec3c3456ca520f722625d891f329bb.jpg

45WinMag likes this.
  5. 45WinMag

Tried the comfy cone with his first surgery. He didn't like it (can't see through it). Plus, he figured out how to snag it on things and work his way out of it.

KP11520 likes this.
  6. Crotch

Crotch Support MLP Veterans & Vendors Double Platinum Supporter Premium Member

Yeah Vision is a problem. The last surgery was eye so I was fine with him trying not to use it or move too much

45WinMag likes this.
  7. Curious George

Curious George Premium Member

Get well soon Pupper

45WinMag likes this.
  8. KP11520

KP11520 Senior Member

A sound investment in many more good years to come! :thumb:

45WinMag likes this.
  9. 45WinMag

He was carrying one of his toys around this morning doing a patrol of the entire house. He knows he was away all day yesterday, and I think he was checking to see that everything is as he left it. I think it wore him out, he's crashed out on the couch again.

lancpudn likes this.
  10. lancpudn

lancpudn Senior Member

Great news I hope he continues to get better.

45WinMag likes this.
  11. freak

freak Silver Supporter

Love Boston's. Had 5, have 2. My ozzy had a tumor removed at less than a year old. lived to be 16 1/2. Your troy looks wonderful. Good luck on his recovery.

45WinMag likes this.