Does Henry Juszkiewicz Know How to Play Guitar?

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by andy007, Dec 6, 2017.

1. I Break Things

I Break Things Senior Member

I really wish more companies were in business to do what they love and to make money. I get it. You need money to survive. "Can't live on love," my dad always said, but if you do what you love, you're going to be better at it and happier. If you're rich and miserable, what's the point? Misery is misery, despite your financial situation.

Being so young, I haven't grown up getting to see a lot of mom and pop shops, especially in the guitar arena because I only started playing four years ago. As far as mom and pop shops, I've really only seen gun shops like that. I love those little shops. The people are friendly, prices are fair, and they're happy to just chat about something they love.

Recently went to a shop like that here. I hadn't done anything with guns since I moved away. It wasn't as fun without my dad and his military buddies, but given everything going on, I got my concealed carry permit. Went to this little shop, and everyone was great. Happy to help and talk. I ended up with a Glock 43, and they've special ordered a holster for my Beretta M9A1. PSA for gun guys: just get an M9 or 92FS! It's a b**** to get a holster for an M9A1!

Anyway, sorry for my ramblings. Side effects of medication. Just a long winded way of saying I wish I got to grow up seeing more small family shops!

Edit: I don't know how I screwed up the formatting and why my post is so narrow.

2. Tone deaf

Tone deaf Senior Member

There is nothing like springing out of bed in the morning, with a purpose, to inspire others.

Why the f*ck do we do anything (other than try to impress girls)? The answer is binary: 1) because we want to, and 2) because someone will pay us to do it.

3. moreles

moreles Senior Member

PRS and Collings are high-profile companies with leaders (RIP Bill) who have been simply brilliant at producing guitars that players love and that other builders admire and respect. They rewrote the book on shop quality, production methods, and instrument design. I'd add Taylor, to a somewhat lesser extent, as well. A fair number of other companies manage to do a really good job -- it's hard to find fault with Ibanez and Yamaha, and others. Gibson and Fender, however, are really unimpressive. Take away the overpriced Custom Shop, and it's hard to tell a $2K Fender from a Squire, really. And Gibson? Unless you're shelling out literally thousands of extra dollars for something special, you can end up with a piece of furniture w/ 6 strings. IMO, Henry has had some real successes, but overall has done a fairly poor job moving his corporation through the decades. It's easy to blame players -- "all they want are '59 bursts" -- but in this same era, other builders have shown that this is not true. PRS has no trouble moving Custom 24s.

SteveGangi and paruwi like this.
  4. Tone deaf

Tone deaf Senior Member

There is nothing better for the human spirit than to make something another person wants.

Why so many employers are ignorant of this fact escapes me.

MichaelAndrew3435 and SteveGangi like this.
  5. Malikon

Malikon Henshin! V.I.P. Member

helping people, helping make other people happy, is very rewarding and makes you feel good.

if you can figure out how to get paid while doing that, more power to you.

6. ehb

ehb Chief Discombobulator Gold Supporter Premium Member

Fireturd X is a beautiful thang, mang... Just beautiful....

Symetrical like a brand new wheel barrow..

And I think it has LEDs. Gotta be mo better with LEDs.

:squint:

redjunior likes this.
  7. EL-34

EL-34 Senior Member

Lester Holt is a big guitarist too.

8. kherman

kherman Senior Member

Henry needs to go take some lessons from Kevin O'Leary. Otherwise , Henry's giving CEOs a bad name. :eek2:

Kevin jamming with Randy Bachman. Jams around 5:15.

freak and SteveGangi like this.
  9. SteveGangi

SteveGangi V.I.P. Member

Utter SHITE :D

[​IMG]

But I AM a Luddite. My sig even says so!

It's also the forum many of us from MLP tried to give a chance, but ended up leaving - either by choice or otherwise. I left by choice.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2017
    redjunior, Thumpalumpacus and paruwi like this.
  10. SteveGangi

SteveGangi V.I.P. Member

He wanted an echo chamber. Nothing more.

rockstar232007, Malikon, ehb and 2 others like this.
  11. efstop

efstop Gold Supporter

Kevin O'Leary can jam that LP right up his... never mind.

Thumpalumpacus likes this.
  12. tolm

tolm Bigsby Junkie

Sheesh ... two videos of HJ playing in one thread?!

I think the most worrying thing is he’s playing away and doing 4 fret stretches and what-not so he’s obviously had some lessons or something that means he has an idea of what to do but, just, no musicality whatsoever ... no sense of rhythm ... no idea how to play sympathetically (or in time!) with another musician ... and that awful tone?

*shudder*

13. Archer

Archer Senior Member

And you see how poorly he built Les Pauls!!!

(Ted McCarty couldn't either)

14. andy007

andy007 Senior Member

Wow, go away for a few days and the thread has over 100 responses. Seriously, I ask the question from a business standpoint. Been talking about this in a class. I've been seeing a lot of people dissatisfied with Gibson and viewed some news that indicated the company was not doing well. The first thought that came to mind was I wonder if Henry plays guitar and has knowledge of the product from the standpoint of someone who plays the instrument. I've recently read some biographies of people who developed some very successful companies out of products they developed and used. After reading the posts here it doesn't look like he plays the guitar. Just curious. I don't have any beef with Henry or Gibson.

15. DotStudio

DotStudio Senior Member

He does play guitar, just not very well.

SteveGangi and Thumpalumpacus like this.
  16. Thumpalumpacus

Thumpalumpacus Senior Member

Sure am glad you can't hear my playing, you'd retch.

Duane_the_tub likes this.
  17. Duane_the_tub

Duane_the_tub Senior Member

I've always thought the spirit of this forum was not to rip on anyone's ability, but instead to encourage playing and our collective love of instruments in general, guitars in particular and Les Pauls specifically. I know the guy's rich and in a position of power, but what do we really have to gain by crucifying him over his playing ability?

I bet he plays just as well as half the people on this forum - probably better. And he probably spends a lot less time drooling over his flametops, and taking endless glamour shots of them to post on social media.

(Sorry to sound preachy, but this type of criticism discourages people from posting clips or otherwise sharing their playing. That's a shame, in my book.)

ToneasaurusRex and smk506 like this.
  18. smk506

smk506 Senior Member

QFT.

Duane_the_tub likes this.
  19. sangandongo

sangandongo V.I.P. Member

Holy fuck, boys, that was awful.

redjunior likes this.
  20. MichaelAndrew3435

MichaelAndrew3435 Premium Member