Does anyone here have a Squier Bullet Strat?

Discussion in 'Fender' started by Benjammin, Aug 28, 2017.

1. Benjammin

Benjammin Senior Member

I'm curious if anyone has or had one and what their thoughts are. There's one at the local Best Buy that I've played around with a few times, and was impressed by the sound and feel. Now I see they have a hard tail model available, I would prefer a string-thru hard tail over a top-load bridge, but for the price I think I could live with it. Since I'd probably have to order one through the local guitar store (I've never seen them in stock there), I'm wondering how consistent they are, or if the one I played was a fluke

http://shop.fender.com/en/intl/squi...s&prefv1=Bullet&cgidx=squier-products&start=1
    [​IMG]

2. Zarg

Zarg Senior Member

I had one but sold it pretty quickly after. It is a solid beginners guitar, especially considering the price but I didn't like the feel of the neck and frets. As an intermediate player with a limited budget I'd try to get a used mexican since it has even better price to performance ratio.

Benjammin likes this.
  3. Benjammin

Benjammin Senior Member

thanks for the reply, I was planning on getting an MIM (or higher end Squier) but I do like hard tail bridges, they aren't too many models with that option

4. Benjammin

Benjammin Senior Member

just out of curiosity, how long ago was that? I bought a cheap Jackson Minion last summer, and so far its held up well. I wonder if they aren't getting better with the QC on low end models. Maybe I'll just have to order one in and see what happens. Worst case scenario the guitar sucks and I'm out $20

5. chasenblues

chasenblues Senior Member

6. Benjammin

Benjammin Senior Member

been there, done that

7. fett

fett Double Platinum Supporter Premium Member

8. Benjammin

Benjammin Senior Member

notice the difference between the Bullet model and the Bullet series. I'll gladly take a Bullet Strat if it's anything like the one I've played. I think I'll head to the store this Friday and see what happens

9. Zarg

Zarg Senior Member

That was about a year ago!

Even before that I had a JS22 from Jackson (sub $200) and it was actually one of the best guitars I've ever had, and I played guitars x10 as expensive. I think it's also luck if you get a really good one or a meh one.

Benjammin likes this.
  10. Benjammin

Benjammin Senior Member

there's definitely some luck involved, for sure. That's why I'm always hesitant to order/purchase something without playing it first. Those JS22's are pretty nice, I've been thinking about those too, but mainly I'm looking a new Strat that will accept the hardware and electronics I currently have on my partscaster. I'm going to head to the store tomorrow and see what I can find

11. marksoundguitars

marksoundguitars Chief Paint Sniffer MLP Vendor

I have one from the mid 2000s. I think I paid about 80 bucks for it. Plywood hardtail toploader body, thin narrow neck, crappy hardware. I turned it into a SRV Charley kindalike with GFS lipsticks and better hardware. It's a solid player, but it looks better than it sounds. And it sounds pretty ok. :)

[​IMG]

Benjammin likes this.
  12. Benjammin

Benjammin Senior Member

very cool :thumb: Did you use GFS for the hardware too?

13. marksoundguitars

marksoundguitars Chief Paint Sniffer MLP Vendor

I think so. It's been about 10 years.

Benjammin likes this.