Does anybody’s know anything about B.C Rich?

Discussion in 'Other Guitars' started by AndrewArce88, Nov 7, 2017.

1. AndrewArce88

AndrewArce88 Junior Member

A75C6E9E-06AB-4A6C-B0E4-805490CFB8CD.jpeg E18748CB-C077-4B52-BE95-2D35F525D6B9.jpeg 12D21733-1D56-4AB2-B46B-78BC8B1675F8.jpeg 6D93A7E9-9FBA-40EE-94BA-E590C24B2927.jpeg A051028C-BBE4-45BF-9F6A-65D8BBBB3390.jpeg 9F1CE393-B2E2-4475-9FD4-CFECBFF7A53F.jpeg Hey guys just wanted to check here before I join another forum. I found this old B.C. rich at a yard sale. I got it for 40 bucks. My guess it’s a 90s gunslinger. I don’t know where it was made though. It’s very clean, but the bridge is really weird and the block is warped and has bad cracks all over it. I was wondering if it’s possible to install a regular Floyd Rose. Any feedback would be appreciated thanks!

2. lemmy loud

lemmy loud Senior Member

That looks like the asian BC.
    I had to Americans from the 80's, and they had Kahlers on them and
    different body styles. No Super Strat types.

Sorry, thats all I have!!

3. Thumpalumpacus

Thumpalumpacus Senior Member

It is Asian -- MiK, I believe. I've played a few, wasn't terribly impressed, but at forty skins you can probably make it a great player, especially if you have some better pickups laying around.

As for installing a FR, I got no clue.

4. artis_xe

artis_xe Christopher Premium Member

The original ones from the 80's , with the cloud inlays , are killer guitars . I wouldn't mind having a Rich Bich from that era

I think that the NJ series came soon after . decent quality . and anything after that is ( to me ) very bleh
    I wouldn't suggest putting any money into it

5. acstorfer

acstorfer Senior Member

I definitely agree that I too wouldn’t put any money into it, unless you got it to practice doing modifications and/or soldering, and things of that nature.

I also agree that the 70’s to around ‘85 is their golden era.

When it comes to the original NJ Series guitars (the ones from Nagoya Japan), in particular the neckthru ones are actually pretty spectacular. Are they on par with the USA stuff? No. I would say the quality though was pretty much better compared to what everyone else puts out.

I had an ‘81 Bich-6 that was amazing, but I really couldn’t get along with the neck. That one was a supreme that had all the clouds you like.

I had an ‘85 NJ Series ST-III that was neckthru and had all the bells and whistles. It was just one of two guitars (out of dozens) that I really hated to sell and miss it to this day.

Now I have an ‘80 Mockingbird. It was my dream guitar for decades. This one has diamond inlays and a rosewood fb. Seriously, every spec about it is exactly what I was looking decades for.

They had a series called Calibre. These guitars were made in the Czech Republic. I had a prototype Mockingbird. It was amazing. I think BCR got rid of the Calibre line because they were so good they ate into the custom shop business.

As far as the custom shop now. They are still producing spectacular stuff. Unfortunately for them, people still covet the golden age stuff made during the Bernie Rico and Neal Moser days.

6. BadPenguin

BadPenguin Senior Member

More then likely Korean, with that bridge, which is a copy/original of the Westone Bendmaster, I would put it in the 84/87 range. Possibly made by Saein. I had an Eagle from the same time period so I have a little experience with them. Decent quality guitar, NOT equal to the original NJ series though.
    Would a Floyd fit? Well, it wasn't meant for bending upwards, so if you don't want to recess the body, it SHOULD fit. But then again, easiest way to tell, is take measurements.

7. Left Paw

Left Paw Senior Member

Always a lot of satisfaction from cheap yard sale finds.