Do you know how long....?

Discussion in 'Amp Modeling' started by cybermgk, May 6, 2017.

1. frankv

frankv What Are You Waiting For? Premium Member V.I.P. Member

The flexibility is off the charts. I was playing a simple Class A preset... decided to turn on the phaser.. sat there another half hour digging the phaser.

I don't think enough is said about the incredible effects suite Fractal includes. IMO it sets this device above all others to date.

mdubya likes this.
  2. mdubya

mdubya Senior Member

The Phaser sounds better than the real thing. Hyperbole? Yes. But it is also true.

frankv likes this.
  3. frankv

The Fractal iPhaser is done right. Pedals will have to catch up to the new standard.

mdubya likes this.
  4. frankv

Ill also add that many pro acts use Fractal just for those incredible effects.

cybermgk likes this.
  5. Liam

Liam V.I.P. Member

I haven't yet tried to get the Axe-FX to duplicate the Lovetone Doppelganger, as it has 2 LFOs in it and is immense. Having said that I have a mint-in-box example that is probably over 30% of the way to the value of a used Axe-FX II, and it only phases. The Axe does kind of more, and probably can duplicate the pedal pretty well, but maybe using 2 phaser blocks. Must get around to looking into that and the Lovetone Meatball envelope filter. 2 pedals I love, but sooner or later, they'll end up surplus to requirements.

I still can't get over some of the whacky effects I used to use my Strymon Timeline for. Banked on using an evening for each whacky effect. Actually took about 20 minutes each, and then found I could do even madder stuff with the Axe. And then sold the Timeline... :)

Liam

frankv and mdubya like this.