DigiTech Trio+

Discussion in 'Pedals' started by tzd, Jan 25, 2016.

1. Joeydego

Joeydego your mom is a nice lady V.I.P. Member

Spazz huh? So while correcting it you decided to re post just the first line? That's curious.

2. El Kabong

El Kabong Senior Member

It wasn't a personal attack until you made it one... if you can't stand the heat, don't start a fire. And welcome to my ignore list... I've had quite enough of your trolling here and elsewhere... and have no desire to listen to any more of your crap... :wave:

3. Joeydego

Joeydego your mom is a nice lady V.I.P. Member

I've been ignored. What ever shall I do? I'll probably go buy another pedal, register it and if it breaks within warranty, get it fixed. If it's out of warranty I'll toss it in the trash and simply buy another. Then, I won't go online in an anonymous way, personally attack forum members and an engineer who developed the product and simply continue to live happy :wave::)

4. LtDave32

LtDave32 Desert Star Guitars Super Mod Premium Member MLP Vendor

*Mod Note*

Joey, duane; you two will cease fire.

No more out of either of you.

5. HarmanCanadaEng

HarmanCanadaEng Junior Member

I don't get a chance to go on the forums very often but I just saw this discussion and feel badly - I would at least like to try and make sure our position is well understood in case it helps.

The TRIO+ is in no way a replacement for the original TRIO. DigiTech will continue to sell both products. One product is over $100 more than the other one. Many of our customers don't want a looper and certainly don't want to pay over $100 for something they don't need.

This is not just a bunch of corporate BS, our engineering team is currently testing a firmware update for the original TRIO that adds the new features from the TRIO+ that could be put into the original TRIO given it's UI and memory constraints. We would not do that if all we were trying to do was sell a more expensive product.

5 people like this.
  6. DavidRamey

DavidRamey Senior Member

HarmanCanadaEng,
    I for one am grateful that you take the time to post on this forum. Without your presence here on the forum, I probably would have never known about future updates for my Trio. When I bought my Trio and removed it from the box, I was immediately impressed with its build quality. This thing is built like a tank. I own a lot of products from the Harman family of brands like JBL, Digitech, DOD, dbx, and Harman/Kardon. Thank you for posting here.

2 people like this.
  7. HarmanCanadaEng

HarmanCanadaEng Junior Member

Thank you for taking the time to say that! It really does mean a lot to us. Anyway, really am happy to help - I just wish I had more time to do this kind of thing because I learn so much from the forums.

8. lastingimage

lastingimage Member

HarmanCanadaEng
    I am also grateful for your time and expertise. I purchased the original Trio last year and used it in sequence with my jam man pedal. When I heard of the Trio+ I was thrilled. Ordered one right away and just received it last Friday. For me it was very well worth the price for upgraded model. I for one am very impressed that you guys took such a cool product to the next level. As far as the haters go I don't get it. No one is forcing anyone to purchase either product. You are always free to sell the original if you upgrade to the +. Sure you will loose a little money but you got a lot of time with a great product. Can't put a price on that. Please keep up the great work and don't get discouraged by the detractors.

Dave

2 people like this.
  9. Larcos_Unal

Larcos_Unal Senior Member

I've got a Trio+ on the way, very excited to get my hands on it. I've been using a ditto looper for a couple of years and it's fun, however having the ability to put in different parts and sequence a song is very cool from the videos I've seen.

I'll try to post something when I get my head around it.

10. Larcos_Unal

Larcos_Unal Senior Member

Ok so first thoughts, amazing tool for practice and for inspiration. I sometimes struggle with writing drum parts, this thing is great for using as a springboard for fleshing out how I want the drums to sound like in Ableton Live.

Couple of things that I thought would be cool to add:

Velocity on drums - if I want a drum part to start low and gradually build to full intensity, it would be amazing if while you're teaching it a part it could take your volume into account.
    Percussive hits - The drums only learn if you're teaching it chords/notes, it would be cool if it could learn hits only, without the bass.

I'm having trouble playing it through my amp, anyone know what I need to do to play this through my amp while taking into account the pedals I've got in front of the amp and in the effects loop?

Thank you!

11. jcastle1

jcastle1 Junior Member

Can I plug this into my effects loop and play my own tone thru it without the Digitech tones?

12. jcastle1

jcastle1 Junior Member

I demo'd a used one at GC, but it was confusing and I could not figure out how to run it thru the effects loop. I want to use my amps overdrive, not the pedal effects

13. efstop

efstop Senior Member

In the manual for the original Trio it suggests using a dry signal while making your tracks. Once that's done, you can play through it however you want. You can even plug your guitar and the Trio(+) in separate channels after your tracks are made; it doesn't require an instrument plugged in to it to play the tracks.

jcastle1 likes this.
  14. efstop

efstop Senior Member

I have an original Trio that I bought on sale once the + model came out, and I might go looking at loopers tomorrow. I won't be upgrading to the +.

jcastle1 likes this.
  15. jcastle1

jcastle1 Junior Member

I just want to make sure I can run it thru the effects loop, otherwise, if I plug it directly into the amp and use overdrive, the drums and bass will be overdriven as well. Can i run thru effects loop?

16. efstop

efstop Senior Member

17. mandobandit

mandobandit Senior Member

I bought one 2 weeks ago I do find it complicated I have printed the full manual and read a good bit of it have tried a couple different routing methods through my Blackstar club 40 my 2.
    Persistence is key the more I’m using it the better I understand it a tremendous tool I am having a ball with it and is making me a much better player

jcastle1 and wildhawk1 like this.
  18. wildhawk1

wildhawk1 Senior Member

Bought one last week. Just posted a thread about it then stumbled on this one. Duh.. oh well.

Unlike new guitars and amps which always light the fire short term the Trio+ is going to keep my creative gears going for a long time.

jcastle1 and mandobandit like this.
  19. wildhawk1

wildhawk1 Senior Member

Followup time after a couple weeks.....

Through dozens of amps, guitars, pedals of all types over the years this is one of my best gear purchases.

So glad after all my research I didn't go with a stand alone looper or drum machine.

Hardest part to the Trio+ is "teaching the band" which isn't that bad once you understand it wants the beat not the rhythm.

Play a bunch of up/down strokes quickly or fast metal chugging and you'll end up with a drummer going a million miles an hour.

:mad:

In general playing a chord on the first beat of every bar at the right tempo gives good results. I'm still learning to master the teaching part.

Modeling amp with a MP3 jack makes setup and creating a breeze. (traditional amp with line in/out and pedals would work fine)

I'm running my guitar into the Trio+ and then two lines out from it to a Boss Katana.

One for the drums/bass to the amps MP3 input jack so they'll stay natural sounding and not effected by modeling choices on the amp. A huge bonus on these type amps is not having a speaker that colors external inputs. British voiced for example.

Second line to the amps regular input jack.

Once the drum/bass pattern is down I switch over to the looper side of the Trio+ and proceed to add layers using the amps modeling functions.

Having a blast leading the band.

:slash:

mandobandit likes this.
  20. mandobandit

mandobandit Senior Member

Could not agree more on understanding teaching the band once I got my head around that it became much easier to use nice to have someone to jam with that plays the way I want them to