Digitech Element XP

Discussion in 'Pedals' started by JoeM, Aug 26, 2017.

1. JoeM

JoeM Junior Member

Hello
    A while back I got a used Digitech Element XP. I got it at GC online, used, but with a warranty for a great deal. My Dad-in-law liked it so much he got a Digitech pedal for himself. He is tired of carrying around a stomp box rig, it was awkward and heavy compared to the DigiTech offerings. For no more that what I paid for it, it sure does have a lot of features and adjustablity.

Any other Digitech fans out there?

-Joe

2. algs911

algs911 Senior Member

I used a Digitech RP200 for a bit when I first started. Then someone got me a a Fulltone Fulldrive 2 for the holidays. Never went back. Now I have PAS and two pedal boards (one of the office, one for rehearsal/gigs).

The Digitech was nice in that it was small and easy to carry around. However, I've found that, for small gigs (or jam sessions when I don't want to use the entire pedal board) I just being the EH SoulFood. That pedal seems to do everything I need pretty well (along with the volume/tone knobs). Now THAT is simple!!!

Al

3. Victek

Victek Senior Member

I used to have a Digitech RP355. There were many good sounds in it and samples could be downloaded to it as well. It was also useful for recording as it interfaced directly with a computer. I eventually moved it though because I found it too complicated to use when playing with other musicians. They're great boxes though if you can navigate the interface get what you want out of them :doh:

4. Burst Boy

Burst Boy Senior Member

I have: DF-7 Distortion Factory bought new in 2005. Absolutely love it and it kick started my distortion/OD/Fuzz addiction. It is digital but is very comparable to the real deal analog versions (which I have 5 of the 7 models in my collection) but generally has way more tone shaping capability. I still play it regularly.

Jimi Hendrix Experience pedal. Awesome digital tones but the most poorly executed pedal ever. very hard to select heel and toe settings (spent time adjusting, trimming rubber stops, re-calibrating to no avail), the original treadle shattered one day when attempting to select toe down settings. It's an expensive POS that remains unused.

Digitech GNX4. Expensive, not bad sounding although it can have digital harshness. Never use it because it's a pain to tweak. I keep it because of the eight track recorder and one day, maybe, will use it again.