Difference in tone and feel Octave pedals?

Discussion in 'Pedals' started by Mookakian, Aug 10, 2018 at 2:03 AM.

1. Mookakian

Mookakian Senior Member

I love octave, something about that piano cross guitar sound tickles me, that low octave for when you need th8ngs to get really heavy and the ability to gain low end in songs when i dont have a bass player to fill the space.

My question, ive only tried the whammy V... It has a kind of digitalized feel, almost a tiny bit of lag inthe attack which idig, but curious do other octave pedals feel and sound different, looking mostly at octave down... Anyone have any input on different octaves you have used and us it worth my time trying a few others, the whamny isnt going anywhere but if other brands respond and act differently i think i may want another on board.

Thoughts?

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018 at 2:29 AM
  2. Neffco

Neffco Senior Member

I like my pog 2 a lot. I notice a little lag when using it so simulate bass. Slight but noticeable to a bass player. As far as filling up the low end with subtle organish undertones in my two piece band I love it. Or loop in a part that sounds B3 ish. One of the more versatile pedals I have. 8 presets to play with. I don’t notice lag on anything but the bass and if you set the attack to sort of swell it in you don’t hear it in the loops. Plus all the strings it will emulate. Definitely more than a basic octave pedal. There is one listed now in the classifieds.

It does -1 -2 down and +1 +2 up in octaves all with sliders so you can dial in what you want. It doesn’t feel digital at all to me.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018 at 7:23 AM
    Mookakian likes this.
  3. Neffco

Neffco Senior Member

03743E74-5EE9-4FD8-BF48-8506F236B817.png A sample of some settings

Mookakian and shupe13 like this.
  4. Mookakian

Mookakian Senior Member

Ive had my eyes on a POG for a while now, i have one track i use the low octave on the whammy through the entire track, i think i should prob try one out next chance i get.

Still 8nterested in anyone whis tried different octaves and what differences you found.

Also i killed a set of V30s with a fuzz, boost and octave, didnt help i were running a 150W head through a 2x12, i might fill my 2nd cab with bass speakers for the bass driven fuzz madness tunes, my current head is 50W so at least thats playing a bit safer