Derek Trucks now touring with original SG/Les Paul standard

Discussion in 'Vintage SG' started by siroliver, Dec 4, 2007.

1. siroliver

siroliver Senior Member

It's been a few weeks now, but on November 9th I saw the Derek Trucks band in Charlotte, NC. I have seen him with Clapton and with the Allman's in August, both times he was playing his reissue. Now it seems he has taken the real deal out on the road with him. What a beautiful guitar...(here's a pic I took at the show)
    [​IMG]

2. lp59aholicDon

lp59aholicDon V.I.P. Member V.I.P. Member

Cool Post . I hope I can catch em next time he comes around, Warren Haynes Christmas Jam Tickets sold out in less than 30 Minutes . Both he and his talented and lovely wife Susan Tedeschi are showin some nice Historic Flame tops on their respective My SPace Pages

3. siroliver

siroliver Senior Member

Yeah, I'm definitely going to go see him several more times(I hope), Warren Haynes and Govt Mule as well. That was an awesome experience- pretty much topped all else I have seen. Just a shame I couldn't catch one of the shows with Susan too- what a team!

4. Volusia

Volusia Senior Member

I read in one of the guitar mags a while back that a lot of his and his bands equipment got ripped off while they were touring. It included guitars, mics, amps, etc.

5. siroliver

siroliver Senior Member

Yeah, I remember reading the notice on his site when that happened- good thing it seems that it was resolved

6. lp59aholicDon

lp59aholicDon V.I.P. Member V.I.P. Member

I understand they did recover most , if not all of the gear. I think the rapidness of the request for help all over helped alot , Good thing he handnt actually lost a main guitar

7. 5F6-A

5F6-A Senior Member

so sool that it burns..... brill!!

8. AllmanClaptonSRV

AllmanClaptonSRV Senior Member

i saw em in spartanburg sc, but dude.. when was this?? charlottes like 30 minutes away! ahhh

9. siroliver

siroliver Senior Member

November

10. AllmanClaptonSRV

AllmanClaptonSRV Senior Member

ok right that would make sense, i saw em in october. so yea charlotte was probably one of the next shows. but when i saw him he was playin the guitar he used at the crossroads festival and well most of his shows. the sg with just the maestro tailpeice.