December BTOTM

Discussion in 'Guitar Lessons' started by Sixstring63, Dec 4, 2017.

1. RockyMtnGuitars

RockyMtnGuitars Member

Well it's been years since I've put anything up for BTotM but I decided I want to start doing this again. I took a shot at this one and had fun with it. Pretty random playing, but meh - it is what it is.

2015 Gibson JR > Joyo Dyno Compressor > MXR Super Bad Ass Distortion > Donner Echo Yellow Fall (you'll know when!) > Donner TCE HOF Mini Reverb > Fender SuperChamp X2 at the Dirty AC setting.

Had a blast.

https://soundcloud.com/damon-garn/dec2017-mlp-btofm

2. KP11520

KP11520 Senior Member

Dreaded my ASS!

Sounds GREAT! Loved the way it cut through with the perfect distinction.

I'd take a 93 in a second. GOOD year!

LenPaul likes this.
  3. LiveSimply

LiveSimply Senior Member

Thank you Sixstring63 for the great track.

I don't do much soloing but this track was fun to play against.

This is my Gibson Standard with my Blues Junior.

Hope you guys don't mind a bit of a noob fumbling around the guitar a bit, but thought I'd contribute for once to this great monthly thread. I always enjoy hearing you guys play. Maybe I'll get the courage to do it again some other time.

Huw, thanks for the guidance on the chord changes. You are very helpful and gracious to provide your insight as always. I just cut it off once it looped back to the Bm progression - guess I was getting a bit sick of hearing my own recycled licks ... :rofl:

https://soundcloud.com/livesimply/mlp-btotm-dec-2017

Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
  4. CaptainT

CaptainT Senior Member

Just listening to this at work, damn, this is some great tone and playing. I am really enjoying this, sitting here with my files and shuffling to the rhythm:)

Great take!!!

LenPaul likes this.
  5. Orange Lester

Orange Lester Senior Member

Looking forward to this months track!

-james

frankv likes this.
  6. frankv

frankv What Are You Waiting For? Double Platinum Supporter V.I.P. Member

Last edited: Jan 7, 2018
  7. GBLEV

GBLEV Senior Member

Is Sixstring63 still doing the BTOM, or is it finished?

Or do we need someone else to take over? Has anyone heard from him?

8. frankv

frankv What Are You Waiting For? Double Platinum Supporter V.I.P. Member

As listed above... we are running tracks now over in the modeling amp section. EVERYONE HERE is welcomed.

9. Orange Lester

Orange Lester Senior Member

Looks like he hasn't been on the forum for about a week. Hopefully he's on vacation! :)

I'll be happy to step up again if need be. I dont want this thread to die, regardless of the cool fun they are having over in the modeling section (and I'll give that a go as well!).

Jay

Eddie 70, frankv, GBLEV and 2 others like this.
  10. RockyMtnGuitars

RockyMtnGuitars Member

I'd hate to see it die as well... Jay are you willing to put something together for this month and then we'll see what happens from there?

11. GBLEV

GBLEV Senior Member

I also hate to see it die. I've been doing it since day 1, all be it missing some months. I have few BT's to contribute, maybe even some full studio sessions that would make a really nice BT, where people can mix all of the elements of the track to their own delight, if that's what people wanted. I will be more than happy to send you some, or post a few. Just let me know.

Does anyone here talk to Sixstring63? I hope he's alright. I saw that he was last on here 1/4/18. Which has me scratching my head a little because I think if he was going to continue, he would have already posted it by then. Or if he was going to stop, it seems like he would have let people know in advance. I hope he chimes in to let us know he's alright.

12. GBLEV

GBLEV Senior Member

I just checked again, and it looks like Sixstring63 logged in earlier today. I wonder why he hasn't let people know that he was quitting?

13. DotStudio

DotStudio Silver Supporter

Give him a chance, people get busy over the holidays. I'm sure he wouldn't mind someone picking up the slack for this month if anyone wants to jump in for the time being.

I'm not too heartbroken myself. I damn near sliced my finger off on a piece of sheet metal, so I'm currently trying to heal up :eek2:

CaptainT likes this.
  14. CaptainT

CaptainT Senior Member

Ouch, get well soon!!!

And I agree, This is not work, this is only our hobby. So if SixString63 has something else to do at the moment that is totally fine:)

DotStudio likes this.
  15. KP11520

KP11520 Senior Member

Hang in there! SS63 will be back. I'd bet something appeared on his plate that needs his immediate attention.

If someone wants to be a substitute until then, I'd think he would have no problems with that!

16. Eddie 70

Eddie 70 Senior Member

I have only participated one time but I come to this thread every day to hear you guys. I really enjoy hearing everyone's take. I always download the backing tracks and noodle over them. I hope this thread continues, it is one of my favs.

parts and frankv like this.
  17. GBLEV

GBLEV Senior Member

I don't want people to take what I said the wrong way, I hope all is well with Sixstring63. But I also believe that when you take on something like this you also take on a certain responsibility where others are counting on you. If something comes up, or you no longer decide you want to do this, no problem. But you should at least let the people who are counting on you know there is an issue.

Like others, I have no problem posting something this month, but without first hearing from Sixstring63, it would be a dick move to just go ahead and do it.

frankv likes this.
  18. GBLEV

GBLEV Senior Member

Oh well, it doesn't matter now, I just seen that frankv put up a Jan BTOM. Thanks frankv!

The BTOM Lives on!

parts and frankv like this.