Dean "Gold/White" V Metamorphosis

Discussion in 'Other Guitars' started by Satch0922, May 26, 2008.

1. Satch0922

Satch0922 Senior Member

I had my Dean White/Gold for sale not long ago and after having it posted for awhile someone finally came calling. As luck would have it they ended up flaking out on me and I still have the guitar.

SO.....I decided to give the guitar a chance to be what I wanted it to be in the beginning. I had it set up by a professional and at the same time installed a gold plated Gibson USA 498-T. I have always favored this pickup in my Les Pauls because it has a nice balance of tones and gain. I don't thrash, I just like a pick up that makes the guitar come alive and of all the ones I have tried, the 498T is a safe bet (yes I do like others, but I knew I could get this one covered and gold).

Anyway, what a difference a little TLC makes! This guitar has really come alive and sounds/plays like a dream. It used to play "ok" and sounded as thin as a Super Model. Now it plays like a dream and sounds like a fat Les Paul.....which is what I love.

If you find a good deal on one....go for it and tweak it!

-B

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

danohat likes this.
  2. needlespauls

needlespauls V.I.P. Member

WOW that V is HOT!!!! Are these still made???? How much dough!!

3. Satch0922

Satch0922 Senior Member

They are still made, I got mine on the bay for $280. They list for $799 and sell new for $499. This of course is the import model. They make a similar guitar the "Rick Emmett" model that is a USA made but goes for about $3000!!:shock:

V White Gold - Dean Guitars

Rik Emmett Triumph V

4. jamisonmp

jamisonmp Senior Member

5. David Scott

David Scott Junior Member

It's been a number of years since this post happened, but do you still have this guitar? I've been on the lookout for one. Thanks!

6. Rds

Rds Senior Member

I know im real late to the thread but I echo your thoughts on the Dean v. The overseas made ones with glue on necks are quite good. I have the white one like yours but mines got two zebra humbuckers. Got another one that's real cool. V with mahogany body, maple cap, top is mapaburl. I installed a 498t and it sounds great. I also think the 498t is a great pickup.

7. Satch0922

Satch0922 Senior Member

This Dean is long gone. The only Dean left in the stable is a USA made ML "Time Capsule". It is a fine guitar!

Rds likes this.