Dean DC6F ??

Discussion in 'Other Guitars' started by Mockbel, Jul 1, 2017.

1. Mockbel

Mockbel Senior Member

Hi guys

Do you have any experience with this Dean? It is offered to me locally new for $400 !

Too cheap for the specs which makes me really concerned about quality !

It has alder body, EMG 81/85 pickups, Floyd Rose Original, bolt-on maple neck, ebony fingerboard

The guitar is MIK... I can't imagine how those specs are put into this guitar just for $400 .. should I run away?

2. smk506

smk506 Senior Member

You should run. Right over to the seller to see how that particular guitar plays and sounds.

3. Benjammin

Benjammin Senior Member

ditto. I don't see that model on the Dean website, if it is a "new" guitar, it may be a few years old, which would explain why they're selling it cheap

4. Mockbel

Mockbel Senior Member

Yes it is an old model.. not on Dean website now but it is on 2009 catalog.. I still wonder how an alder, ebony, OFR, EMG guitar is $400 even used :hmm:

http://www.deanguitars.com/demand/dc6f.php

5. Benjammin

Benjammin Senior Member

because it was $400 in 2009 and has been sitting there 8 years :dunno: Guitar values have sky rocketed in the past decade, but if they're calling a 2009 model "new", then it very likely has the same price tag it's always had

6. Mockbel

Mockbel Senior Member

My question is still valid... would $400 have been a price for a good quality guitar with those high specs even in 2009?

7. BadPenguin

BadPenguin Senior Member

How do I say this, without p*ssing off Dean lovers everywhere....?

It's.... a Dean. in my experience with them, you can add a LOT of lipstick to the pig, and it's still a pig. Yes, it's Korean, but not all Korean is great construction. Not all ebony, are wonderful flawless planks of smooth goodness. Yes, it MAY say OFR, doesn't mean it is. I've seen Deans with "Grovers" that were Chinese made copies. (And Jay Tursers, and Corts.) Play it, and if it feels right to your hands, that's the important thing. But personally, I would walk away.

8. Mockbel

Mockbel Senior Member

Thanks dude... i already ran away :D

I held the guitar without even plugging it... felt so cheap... the bridge reads Floyd Rose... I was surprised (or disappointed) with how this "ebony" fretboard has this light color !

9. Benjammin

Benjammin Senior Member

I would need a time machine to answer that question. Playing the guitar for yourself is the only way to know for yourself if it's worth your money. Whatever it might have been worth 8 years ago doesn't matter now does it?