Dallas Guitar Show 2018

Discussion in 'MLP Meets' started by meatball, Sep 16, 2017.

1. meatball

meatball Senior Member

I just made arrangements to go to Dallas in May to the guitar show out there , I went there 4 years ago and the first thing I see as I walk in to get my entry bracelet, is the MLP booth !!
    I was brand new to the site and shook hands with somebody there and said I had just joined the site and was enjoying it, but little did I know .........
    Anyway , I really enjoyed that weekend then and wanted to relive the experience again . I will be attending with my brother . We havent done anything like that in years .He showed me my first guitar chord back in the 70's, so its real cool to have fun again with him .
    I look forward to when they are going to release the names of the vendors that will have booths set up there ,, usually its the big name companies that are at this show . I want to see the Gibson trailer , the Blackstar Amplification group, TC Electronics , and the Taylor booth . Is it possible that My Les Paul is going to have a booth again ? I am hoping that they have a meet and greet there , but I know that they usually have it in Philly, but I can only hope . There will be a bunch of guitar players there as always giving demos and having concerts outside the venue .
    Any possibility that you will be there ?

matt@msscguitar likes this.
  2. Gtarzan81

Gtarzan81 Senior Member

I'll be there.

meatball likes this.
  3. fleahead

fleahead Senior Member

But.... will Gibson?

meatball likes this.
  4. Gtarzan81

Gtarzan81 Senior Member

I'm cooler than Henry J. So there's that.

5. meatball

meatball Senior Member

Man I am two weeks away ,, getting jacked up looking forward to this ,,, If you want to meet in person just IM me and we can make arrangements to meet ,,, I am hoping to see a bunch of vendors there ,,,

6. John Ucol

John Ucol Senior Member

7. meatball

meatball Senior Member

I was at the show today, I am staying at the hotel next door,,just got finished watching Eric Johnson.
    He did a meet and greet at The Fender Booth ,, I got a Picture signed from him ,, HE is really a humble guy ,
    Therre were. Lot of Guitars there . A lot !! No Gibson to report , I was looking forward to seeing that same trailer they pull in there ,,, I saw some cool Tee Shirts but nothing worth buying at his time . I almost pulled the hammer on a Hall OF Fame Reverb Pedal but the dealer wanted too much for a first generation Pedal .
    Well there is always next year ,,,,

8. poorness

poorness Senior Member

Website (for future folks who find this thread) = http://www.guitarshow.com/

I'm local so I went to the show yesterday. It's pretty overwhelming huh?
    For anyone who is "on the fence" about going next year... take a gander at these pics. :eek2:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 7, 2018
    VictorB likes this.
  9. meatball

meatball Senior Member

Poorness
    I was there ... I flew home Sunday to South Carolina after it .. It was a good show , but was dissapointed in that there was no Gibson, TC Electronics , D’Addario there . I see me giving Dallas one more try before i switch to the NAM show next time . Some Vendors were very nice . Some didnt want to deal . Thye had a price and they stuck with it .. The Eric Johnson Meet and Greet was cool . HE took a Picture with me and signed an autograph for me .. Cool Guy ,, His show Saturday night was great .. the. Weather was perfect .. Next year I am doing Saturday / Sunday/ Monday fly home .. I know better deals are on Sunday . Some vendors dont want to pack too uch stuff to take back to their shops out of town . A LOT of guitars ... This year was more Les Pauls from what I saw ,,, what do you think ,, the same ?

10. poorness

poorness Senior Member

NAMM is by far the best gear show to attend. However, you have to be invited. It's not open to the public. So, unless you have a connection, or you own a shop or something... tickets are hard to come by.

I agree that not seeing Gibson was disappointing, but considering their financial state... I get it. DIGF (Dallas International Guitar Festival) is designed to be friendly to more than just guitar players. A lot of people go just for the music and they have various booths for clothing, records, pop culture items, etc.

And yes, you are correct... because the booth fee is higher at DIGF, exhibitors are less likely to "wheel and deal"... but Sunday is, by far, the best day to make offers.

Food for thought... the "all guitar" show in Dallas is in October. No frills, just guitars. Needless to say, you're more likely to get some deals at the Amigo show. ;) https://www.amigoguitarshows.com/amigoint/

Last edited: May 7, 2018
    meatball likes this.
  11. dspelman

dspelman Senior Member

Gibson wasn't at NAMM this year -- they decided that an appearance at CES was more appropriate. And of course they're now divesting their electronics businesses as part of a Chapter 11 settlement and will concentrate on making guitars. I expect we'll see them at NAMM this coming January?