D-Tuna with Les Paul Axcess?

Discussion in 'The Custom Shop' started by lpaul626, Aug 22, 2017.

1. irocdave12

irocdave12 Senior Member

Well first he educated me about what was wrong and why. He spent half an hour on phone helping me before I even spent a nickle with him and that says something. I'm fortunate to live not far from his location so he was willing to work on my guitar personally which if you see his site and the professionals he's doing work for I felt rather lucky. There's a bunch of YouTube videos and his Instagram that I learned a great deal just poking around and watching. And no d tuna on my guitar just the Tremel-No because of the top route and I have other guitars that will drop tune better

2. lpaul626

lpaul626 Senior Member

Got it, thanks! I was hoping to be able to make the Dtuna/Tremol No work. I'm not optimistic based on all comments. Did he advise against it with the Axcess?

3. irocdave12

irocdave12 Senior Member

The subject never came up I wasn't looking to use one. But because of the shallow top route that gives the Floyd clearance to pull up the d tuna probably wouldn't work or be a pain because it will also sit down in that cavity. But honestly Adam is the guy to ask about that as he's the expert. They may have a solution for what you wanna do

4. Who

Who Who is not here. Please leave a message.... Premium Member

Howlermonkey, your spring-loaded screw idea is excellent. It sounds similar to the way Ibanez's BackStop worked, by loading some tension on the trem-block.

I think they ran into someone's patent, so these were only available for a couple of years. You can dive or pull. You can bend a string, the others stay in tune. You can break a string, the others stay in tune, while retaining the ability to pull or dive.

[​IMG]