Customizing a Custom with a New Fretboard

Discussion in 'The Custom Shop' started by Mr. Beef, Sep 21, 2016.

1. Evo8

Evo8 Senior Member

He has not. And I know hes looked at this thread. If you want to work this out mr beef, you can do it here in this thread. Let the people here on this forum see you follow through.

The_Nuge likes this.
  2. PierM

PierM Premium Member

[​IMG]

The_Nuge likes this.
  3. Evo8

Evo8 Senior Member

UPDATE: As of today Mr. Beef has paid for the guitar. It will be shipped to him in OCT when I'm on leave.

4. PierM

PierM Premium Member

This is AWESOME news! :cheers2:

5. smk506

smk506 Senior Member

Good deal, glad there was some resolution in the end

6. The_Nuge

The_Nuge Senior Member

Glad to hear that!

thatF-INGflyingVguy and mdubya like this.
  7. Gold_topped

Gold_topped Senior Member

I'm glad this situation came to a conclusion. I still would never consider doing business with him.

8. blackat

blackat V.I.P. Member

Once bitten, twice shy.
    Reputation is everything.

BrianB likes this.
  9. Archer

Archer Senior Member

Reading through this long thread reminds me of something else. Have you ever been to one of those guitar builder forums and saw someone post a guitar that was just a mangled mess, then people (trying to be supportive) said it was a great job? I realize a beginner will usually jack up the first one or two jobs he tries, but I'm talking about guys that do them one after another. This thread is why I don't do that. I'm all for encouraging people, so don't get me wrong. But there comes a point when you have to say "maybe this thing isn't for you, bro".

PierM likes this.
  10. smk506

smk506 Senior Member

I get what your saying, but instead of encouraging someone to just hang it up I'd rather see constructive honest feedback. If someone keeps getting attaboys for substandard work, why would they push for improvement at all?

11. guitarjoem

guitarjoem Double Platinum Supporter MLP Vendor

Have you even looked at any of his other (rather good) work as it's been posted on this forum? Or any of the extensive direction he's given on his trials an tribulations while learning how to do this stuff? All in all he's been rather generous in sharing his experience with this forum. I seriously doubt there is a single person on this forum who hasn't had a bad day (or series of them) that had a negative impact on their work, or who hasn't had a difficult time in a professional endeavor that may have been hard to resolve whether on not it was their fault, let alone in a public forum. Sheesh.

12. Archer

Archer Senior Member

No, I haven't seen any of his other work. I wasn't really bashing this particular guy, as I made it a general observation in my post.

13. Sixstring63

Sixstring63 Senior Member

I know, not good. I did my first nib job after replacing the binding that was all cracked and broken on a early 60's Gretch. I took my time and did some research. Made some cool bits for my Dremel and some hand made scrapers and it turned out perfect. 30+ years as a tool and die maker comes in handy for guitar work. Customer who is a friend was more than pleased.

14. Sixstring63

Sixstring63 Senior Member

15. OldBenKenobi

OldBenKenobi Senior Member

In the artist community (and perhaps elsewhere) we call those ass pats. Vague encouragement that's of little use but stings less than honest and helpful criticism. Getting out of a hugbox that offers nothing but ass pats is an important step many aspiring artists have to take, otherwise they don't improve at all and languish forever in the dregs of DeviantArt.

rockstar232007, PierM and Sixstring63 like this.