Custom LP-Style Guitar editor - updates

Discussion in 'The Custom Shop' started by Knarbens, Jan 13, 2009.

1. Knarbens

Knarbens Senior Member

Hello everybody!

Some of you may have noticed, that I want to update my editor to create your own LP-style guitar. This thread is a list for me, what to upgrade, okay? So if there are things you'd like to have changed, or points you want to have added, than tell me your ideas! :naughty: I can't promise, that I'll be able to do everything you want, but I'll try to do my best! Also tell me the grammar mistakes I made ... Oh! And, I'm not going to add differend bodystyles or a cutaway selector and stuff, because that's not really possible in the way I made this programm! Sorry!
    Things I'm going to change:

• Change the 3-knob configuaration to classical 4 knobs
    • Classical rounded cutaway instead of the sharp one
    • better inlay options
    • more bridges
    • add a aging section

Let's see what I can do! I hope I can satisfy you! :D
    Now tell me what you want! :laugh2:

2. Nicklas

Nicklas Junior Member

That's great! I like how it looks already but some improvements are welcome.

Ok some wishes:

Mini humbuckers
    No humbuckerring
    flattop

Funny to see you post here, I discovered your site a few months ago. Just registered for two weeks here.

Keep it up!

3. jonesy77777

jonesy77777 Senior Member

Thanks for you efforts, it's appreciated. I actually used that program to decide on pickup and knob selection, and it's absolutely spot on to how it turned out.

4. Kølabrennern

Kølabrennern Senior Member

How about a colour selector with free choice of which colours should be in for example a burst? What I'd also love to see would be an option to choose how subtle the bursting towards the edges of the top should be. And to be able to add your own logo on the headstock, that'd be cool.

I think you've done a great job with this program already, it's everything I could ask for. :thumb:

5. MesaBoogie

MesaBoogie Senior Member

Three humbuckers perhaps?

Otherwise...not much really, the program is great as it is :D

Grtz,

Mesa.

6. Knarbens

Knarbens Senior Member

Well, I made this editor with Flash 5, so I don't know exactly how to do the thing with the bursting and the headstock logo! I'm pretty sure there's a way to do many of your wishes, but I never learned the programm, I just figured it out for myself! Let's see what I can do!
    Thank you all for your nice words! They really honour me! :)

7. xsouldriverx

xsouldriverx V.I.P. Member

agreed, maybe if you really want to outdo yourself do different body shapes, or keep the pointed horn as an option.

8. Csharp

Csharp Senior Member

I just LOVE using your program :). It looks so much better than others that are less user friendly. The last time that I played with it, there wasn't (or I missed:rolleyes:) a P90 pickup option. That would be cool.

9. dalandan

dalandan Member

maybe a headstock editor? that would be great.

10. krokodyl

krokodyl Senior Member

And maybe could you add an option to shoot a finish by hour hand? I mean choose the color, brush size and paint. This would be doable in Flash 5, I think.

A headstock editor was meant before. If it is possible, I'd go a step further and try to add an option to create a body the user wants.

[Technical description]
    In the background you put a wood texture. In the shape of rectangle. The user creates the curves of the body. The outer part of texture is hidden. (Same process as creating mask in Photoshop) Then, if you want, the editor creates a binding around the edge - let's say 3 pixels. I know - it's really easy to say, but hard to make, but I think is pretty doable.
    Of course you'd have to think a way of adding an algorithm which would create shine/reflections, but again, it would be doable.
    [/Technical description]

Anyway, I think you've already done a great job on this editor. It's the best I've seen. :yesway:

BTW, I have a picture from your editor in my sig instead of a photo of my guitar. It looks kinda similar to my guitar. And this one is not LP, anyway ;)

11. clane04

clane04 Senior Member

Perhaps green LP classic inlays

12. djwilbanks

djwilbanks V.I.P. Member

13. MesaBoogie

MesaBoogie Senior Member

No pickuprings?

14. Knarbens

Knarbens Senior Member

I'll do my best guys! Again, I just learned that programm on my own and I can't do all the things you want me to do! :laugh2: But hey, here at my university there are many poeple, knowing a lot about Flash and stuff, maybe they can be a good help!
    I'll start with the updates in about three weeks at the beginning of my holidays! :D

15. number41dl

number41dl Member

Your editor is amazing, I love using it to create new ideas for future guitar purchases/customizations. Keep up the great work!

My ideas for improvements include:

- Middle humbucker option for the Gibson Black Beauty style
    - options for p-90's, p-94's (humbucker-sized p-90's), mini-hb's, even Fender-style single coils if one could be so bold.
    - More bridges (trapeze tailpiece, fender/PRS style tremolo, bigsby variations, Kahler's trem licensed to the newer Gibsons, etc)
    - Mini-toggle switches/pushbuttons to be placed free-hand (in case a mod is in mind and one needs to see where to best fit a toggle or pushbutton)
    - 21, 22 or 24 fret neck options. (neck pickup placement would be adjusted accordingly)
    - Knob variations (control number of knobs and placement style)
    - image upload for finishes or decals (in case some patriotic guy like me wanted to slap a big Canadian flag or Maple Leaf on his guitar)

Obviously, some of those are in the nice-to-have department as opposed to key ideas, but you've already got the main components done, and done well, so anything from here is gravy.

16. Nicklas

Nicklas Junior Member

Can't wait. :)
    Should we expect some updates any day? :D

17. SiriusAbbott

SiriusAbbott Senior Member

sorry to be the 'tard here...but what freakin editor?????
    linky-linky please!

18. MesaBoogie

MesaBoogie Senior Member

19. nicolasrivera

nicolasrivera Senior Member

Man, this is Great stuff. Thanks. Here is my dream baby.

[​IMG]

20. j.six

j.six Senior Member

a friend of mine made a jackson guitar generator for a jackson board that i used to admin, and i know what goes into making these sort of things. it's a labor of love, for sure, and i REALLY appreciate your work; it helped me with a lp studio refin project that i'm working on. i decided to have all black hardware on a black finish, and i have a bettie page graphic that will be added to it. i just finished the paint on it, and it's basically "none more black"

here's what it looks like now:

[​IMG]

and here's the intended result:

[​IMG]

it's going to get duncan p-rail pickups and a piezo bridge, so i'm really looking forward to finishing it up!

thanks so much for your work on a great tool!

sully