Custom Cars - Equus Bass 770

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by RAG7890, Jan 17, 2014.

1. RAG7890

RAG7890 Premium Member

Since this Forum contains a number of major Car nuts, like me, I thought I'd bring this one to everyone's attention to see what people think. :)

While the Equus Bass 770 is not what you would call cost effective on the wallet, I am impressed with what I have seen. :wow: :wow::thumb: :applause:

I like the idea of blending old world Muscle with a modern approach, so the Car has that old charm about it but can run with a modern Car like, for example, an M3. This Car will go, corner, stop & ride like a great Car should.

To me the Car blends Mustang with Challenger in some respect, with a GM Engine no less...................for a lot of $$$$$.

Lastly, I have too thank my friend in England, Mark Stow, for sending me the original link for this Car in the first place. Thanks heaps Mark. :thumb: My Son, Andrew, also sends his thanks. :)

Andrew & I do plan to build a Muscle Car together, as a project, some time in the future..........Father & Son project, so this Car provides some food for thought. :thumb: :)

Hope you guys enjoy the pics & links. :D

Equus Automotive | Gallery

Equus Bass 770: The $250 000 muscle car - MSN Autos

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Enjoy guys.

:cheers:

truckermde, Meatwad, pinefd and 4 others like this.
  2. JonMan94

JonMan94 Senior Member

That is BADASS. *adds to his dream car list* forget the other guys, the two cars that I would love to own is one of these and a Mazaradi.

4 people like this.
  3. DRF

DRF Senior Member

It looks great but its also kinda weird, it looks exactly like a Mustang to me but with a GM engine and a few other touches...and at 250k.
    I was hoping maybe Ford would've done a similar 65-68 ? retro fastback.

1 person likes this.
  4. QuicksilverSS

QuicksilverSS Senior Member

No thanks...Looks too much like just another Mustang with a common LS swap.
    That car needs a new Coyote Ford motor....not a Chevy.
    Put that drive train in a classic Chevy and we'll talk...:D

3 people like this.
  5. Howard2k

Howard2k Premium Member

Bit pricey, but a stunner...

6. nicolasrivera

nicolasrivera Senior Member

Something is not right with that car... can't pinpoint what.... The side profile looks perfect, but that front has something weak...

1 person likes this.
  7. krakatoa1313

krakatoa1313 Senior Member

Check out the chassis and suspension if you get the chance. I bet that car has near 50/50 weight distribution. Aluminum and carbon fiber chassis, gearbox in the rear of the car, and fully independent suspension. Certainly not the average muscle car.

1 person likes this.
  8. CivoLee

CivoLee Senior Member

A sophisticated, expensive muscle car is an oxymoron.

There's better than that in that price range.

9. Boss 302

Boss 302 Premium Member

Agreed, about the drive train.
    Ford for Ford, Chevy for GM.
    In a smilar vintage, Camaro or GTO & I'd consider it.

1 person likes this.
  10. ArrogantBastard

ArrogantBastard Senior Member

I was fortunate enough to have worked on some parts for the Equus. Very nice to see that it's out and about now and everyone is appreciating it. When we were approached, we weren't sure how we'd handle it. You talk about precision...Good grief! We did some molding for the headlamp covers, as well as some CNC work for several other pieces that they needed. All in all, it was pretty cool to get to be a part of the project. From what I heard, there will be more cars coming from this group in the future. All limited runs. My thing is, if they're half as cool as this bastard, I hope we can be a part of it, again!

All jokes aside, I had completely forgotten even working on this stuff until I saw postings about it the last week. Then yesterday while going through some paperwork I saw the name Equus. It was a customers list on a spreadsheet. Just happened to catch my eye. I chuckled to myself. Very proud of even the little work we were able to do, and to be a part of such a cool project.
    =D

1 person likes this.
  11. ArrogantBastard

ArrogantBastard Senior Member

P.S. Look at the new Lincoln being released. Total throwback to old school Lincolns. Even saw that it has suicide doors!!! Va-Va-Va-Voooooom!

1 person likes this.
  12. redcoats1976

redcoats1976 Senior Member

they did,you can go to the ford dealer on the corner and have your choice of 3 engines and several trim levels.

1 person likes this.
  13. Caoimhin

Caoimhin Senior Member

One of the coolest looking modern cars I've ever seen.

2 people like this.
  14. truckermde

truckermde Senior Member

I think it's completely badass.

I'm surprised they used an American motor at that pricepoint, but it looks fvcktastic, and it sounds like performance is thru-the-roof, so no complaints here.

(not so surprising, since they are from MI, but I digress...)

1 person likes this.
  15. PeteK

PeteK Senior Member

Although I think the car is badass looking all around, I'd agree the front doesn't quite look right. The rest of the car looks straight out of the late 60's but it's like they chopped the front end off a new Challenger and put it on this car.

3 people like this.
  16. TA462

TA462 Senior Member

Car guys call those cars Pro Touring cars. Old school looks with newer state of the art suspension, motors and transmissions. Even the interiors are updated. Basically a old Camaro, Mustang, Trans Am with Ferrari like handling. Cool cars in my book.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  17. H.E.L.Shane

H.E.L.Shane Senior Member

that car is stupid sexy..

but they lost me at putting a GM motor in it..

[​IMG]

18. DRF

DRF Senior Member

That's why I put the years 65-68, I believe the 69-70's are fatter looking and that what the current ones are based off. But I don't know for sure.

19. LongBeach

LongBeach Premium Member

I saw that yesterday.
    And the first thing I said was: Why would anyone make
    a wanna-be Mustang? Seriously, if your going to design a
    new car, make it a new design. Don't copy an existing car
    that close. IMO

20. NRBQ

NRBQ Senior Member

After seeing this pic posted it made me think of an interesting take one company has on the old Camaro / Trans Am ...Chevy vs. Pontiac comparison from back in the day.

[​IMG]

Since both Chevy and Pontiac used to each put out their own versions of their pony car, a company is now converting Camaro's into Trans Ams with pretty interesting results. Just thought it would be cool to check out for the car people on the thread. I think it looks kind of cool, you certainly won't see many new Pontiac muscle cars out there on the road today.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sort of like looking into a crystal ball of what Pontiac might have done with the Camaro platform had GM continued Pontiac line.

Here's a couple more I found that I think I like even better, blending the earlier versions with that classic front facade. I suppose it by definition, it couldn't be a back or side facade, DUH!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'd have to say the blue one is the winner for me, a great blend of old and new, very nice.

2 people like this.