Cort Les Paul Custom

Discussion in 'Other Single-Cuts' started by cvrlezr, Dec 13, 2013.

1. cvrlezr

cvrlezr Junior Member

I bought Cort LP custom (setneck construction) from some dealer and he tell me just that she is from 80's. Can anyone tell me some about this guitar.
    There is no serial number.
    year of production?... which model? and some specs... i can't find anything.

Thanks a lot for help...

(sorry, my english is not so good :))

Attached Files:

2. reborn old

reborn old Senior Member

Sorry, it's going to be difficult to determine the year of manufacture without a serial number.
    These were made by Cor-tek in Korea, and outside of Korean Epi models, very few brands or examples have serial numbers.
    Cor-tek produced limited numbers of base model EG Grecos in the mid to late 1980's.
    There is a Made in Korea guitar thread with a Cort Greco example posted here:
    http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/other-les-pauls/270507-made-korea-guitar-manufacturers-thread.html

If you post your pics to that thread as well, there is a better chance someone who has more info will respond some day.

3. Grenville

Grenville Senior Member

That looks like a much more recent headstock style, from the last 10 years or so.

The 80s guitars had a more Gibson style headstock, not strongly tapered like yours.

Here's an old mid-80s ad:

[​IMG]

4. TheWilly17

TheWilly17 Senior Member

I have the exact same guitar and I bought it new in 1996. I will upload pics soon, it is a heavy bugger too!

1 person likes this.
  5. cvrlezr

cvrlezr Junior Member

ty ppl :slash: