Colorado flooding

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by Eric Smith, Aug 10, 2013.

1. Eric Smith

Eric Smith Senior Member

I know that there are quite a few CO residents on MLP and I am hoping that you are all safe with flooding that is going on out there. Please let us know.

My son and his friend are stationed in Pueblo with their hunting video thing right now and I was kind of hoping that someone could tell me how the flooding is in that area. I know that they are alright right now since I see some posts on their FB page and website, but am hoping that someone could give some details as to what they might be facing in that area of the state.

1 person likes this.
  2. GuitarToneFreak

GuitarToneFreak Senior Member

Here's an article detailing about what the situation is like down here,

http://www.kktv.com/home/headlines/Storm-Floods-Roads-in-I-25-218752631.html

Not as bad as what is happening up north near Manitou, though. Luckily Pueblo kind of lucks out when it comes to real extremes, but Manitou really got it bad last night. Not a Colorado-friendly Summer at all. :(

1 person likes this.
  3. Eric Smith

Eric Smith Senior Member

Thank you GTF. If you See the Hunting the Seasons pickup truck, tell them that dad says hey.

1 person likes this.
  4. GuitarToneFreak

GuitarToneFreak Senior Member

No problem, brother. Pueblo County does stretch out a while, so if they're anywhere near the city they ought to be okay as the city itself wasn't affected. I could be wrong, but I don't think Pueblo City has had a bad flood since '21.

[​IMG]

Death toll of 1,500 and 20 million dollars in damage. Crazy stuff, but we avoid the extremes most of the time.

1 person likes this.
  5. Eric Smith

Eric Smith Senior Member

I just talked with my son on FB and he is 15 miles west of Pueblo and he stated that the flooding is actually pretty bad. Stay safe out there.

6. man jerk

man jerk Member

Bad couple of years for the Colorado Springs area. I live in the N/W side of town. We are downstream from the Waldo Canyon burn scan but our drainage is small compared from Waldo Canyon proper or Queens canyon drainage which are very large when you look at a map. My house actually backs up to Dry Creek which is normally nothing more than a trickle. We had quite the deluge yesterday afternoon, it rained harder than it has in a few years I think. The drainage didn't get very full, and I spent the afternoon watching out the back window wondering if something was coming.

Manitou is a very, very special place and I fear that it will never be the same.

7. drugprowlingwolf

drugprowlingwolf Senior Member

Hopefully River and the other forum brothers in Colorado make it through in good shape.