Clearing the Bench Time: $100 pickups for MLP'ers, while they last!

Discussion in 'Vendor Classifieds' started by cooljuk, Jun 14, 2017.

1. cooljuk

cooljuk Transducer Producer Premium Member MLP Vendor

3 P-90s still available at HALF PRICE:

Don't sleep on these. They sound every bit as good as my PAFs!

Cool A3 P-90 Soapbar Set ($200 for the set)

Hot A5 Dogear P-90 Bridge ($100)

Jer likes this.
  2. cooljuk

I also have a single set of...

Polished nickel covered double cream Creme Brûlées with a slight overwound bridge and a short A2 in the neck. $200

It was a custom order that got changed. These are brand spankin' new!

3. cooljuk

Creme Brûlées and the soapbar P-90 set are SOLD!

All that's left is the Dogear bridge P-90. It's a beast!
    Somebody wants to rock this in their Junior, I promise!

4. cooljuk

Ok, I have TWO MORE sets up for grabs at HALF PRICE

VLO A3 set in double white $200/set

PAF-1 A5 set in double white
    (I can swap for A4s if you prefer those) $200/set

Both BRAND NEW with vintage braided shield. Covers will be a few bucks extra, depending on which covers you want.

These were both ordered at the same time by a customer who later informed me (before they left the shop) that he thought 4 conductor wiring was the default (gotta select your wiring option on my website, but I guess he wasn't paying attention to his mouse clicks). Rather than modifying them, since I already had more bobbins wound, I just made him two new sets to get them out the door faster. Now you guys can take advantage of his mistake and my willingness to hook ya up!

Jer and kboman like this.
  5. Curious George

Curious George Senior Member

love the cool A-3 soap bar!

cooljuk likes this.
  6. cooljuk

Thanks, George!

These are still available. Lots of inquires but no commitments yet:

VLO A3 set in double white $200/set

PAF-1 A5 set in double white (I can swap for A4s if you prefer those) $200/set

Hot A5 Dogear P-90 Bridge $100 (I can convert to soapbar for $25)

7. Xrun Morzov

Xrun Morzov Senior Member

Got my '98 Explorer Limited Edition from the tech today with ReWind PAF-1 hot A5 set in double white instead of EMGs it had. Definitely should have done this before - the guitar now got its voice back! It also now looks similar to a 10k Bartlett in the Classifieds now :shock: Will update with more thoughts tone-wise after trying it on Matchless (today only quick test with a 2xEL84 + Celestion V30 combo). But I do feel the potential of the pickups is enormous!

Jer and cooljuk like this.
  8. Xrun Morzov

Xrun Morzov Senior Member

So the harness has settled down and I tried the Exp on the 'Big sound' (Matchless Independence 35 + Celestion Greenback).
    And yes, these are marvelous pickups! Especially I like how the bridge pickup sounds on crunch and drive - with great definition and energy. Will need to mess with the neck pickup to make it more smooth sounding. I must say that overall the pickups have exceeded my expectations.
    Thanks James!

[​IMG]

Jer likes this.
  9. cooljuk

You're welcome! Glad you are digging the pickups. Remember, the PAF-1 set has a hotter neck pickup than bridge so, if you don't get the balance you like by lowering the neck pickup and raising the pole pieces up, you can also swap the bridge/neck pickups with each other for a more typical hotter bridge pickup configuration. Just reach out if you need any more help with that.

Also - ALL THE CLEARANCE PICKUP ARE NOW SOLD!!

Congratulations to all who got an ABSURD price on these! I can't do that often (probably took a loss) but it was good to clear out the back stock of oddballs and such and get things cleaned up around here.

Enjoy!

Jer, Alligatorbling and Xrun Morzov like this.
  10. Brewdude

Brewdude Senior Member

Just wanted to say thanks again to James for doing this sale! I splurged on 2 sets on what basically amounted to a 2 for 1 deal, and they are both fantastic sounding, couldn't be happier!

I mentioned this guitar earlier but I put this latest set, the Very Low Output, in my Precision LP that has been very difficult to dial in correctly. I've moved in great sounding pickups from other guitars and without fail the neck pickup would sound like it had a blanket over it. It finally hit me to swap out the .015 cap this time and the new combo has finally made this guitar sound perfect! These are extremely clear and boomy pickups, the middle position reminds me a little of thick P-90. I've been on an A2 kick recently, but I've also slowly realized a lot of my favorite pickups use an A3 so I'm happy I picked these up. I'll let them settle for a day or two and dial in heights but they sound great so far. Anyway, enough rambling, thanks again for winding some great pickups!

In my excitement I didn't even notice this stamp on the first set :yesway:
    [​IMG]

Its a proven fact double creams sound better :dude:
    [​IMG]

Who, BlueCajun, Jer and 4 others like this.
  11. cooljuk

Hey Brewdude -

Really awesome looking LP, there! That's the kind of top I personally dig. Lots of wild and cool grain, with a tasteful amount of figure. It looks great and I'm real happy you are digging the pickups!

Congrats to everyone who scored big on these! New top-shelf (and I sincerely mean TOP shelf) boutique pickups for less than even factory Gibson pickups go for! I can't usually do that but sometimes it's good to just clear house, have fresh stock and hook up your buddies. MLP is a special place to me. I'm glad I got to help some of you guys out with this.
    :cheers2:

For anyone who missed it, there is still some time to enter the giveaway, in my signature below!

:cheers: