Clearing the Bench Time: $100 pickups for MLP'ers, while they last!

Discussion in 'Vendor Classifieds' started by cooljuk, Jun 14, 2017.

1. cooljuk

cooljuk Transducer Producer Premium Member MLP Vendor

All of these are brand new, never installed, never left the shop except for one (bridge pickup of bottom center Low Output A2 set in the photo - even that one was only demoed, then came right back). Here's your chance to get some HALF PRICED pickups, which I never do, otherwise.

Magnet swaps are no problem. Covers, aging or other mods are also no problem but might add a few bucks.

Any of these pickups are $100/ea. Domestic USPS Priority Mail is $7. If you need international shipping, send your address for a quote.

You cover the PayPal fees or send PP gift/check/money order. I just need $100 in my pocket for each one, however you want to swing that.

UPDATE June 21st 5:30PM Mountain Time
    Here's what's left (and some more I found):

P-90s:
    Cool A3 P-90 Soapbar Set
    Hot A5 P-90 Soapbar Set
    Hot A5 P-90 Dogear Bridge

PAFs:
    Overwound Extra Short A5 JPPre72 Double Black Bridge 10.2k
    Overwound unoriented A5 JPP Double White Neck 9.2k
    1959 PAF-style A4 Bridge Reverse Zebra 9.5k
    Low Output PAF v2 A5 Set Double White 7.2k / 7.4k
    PAF-1 A5 Set Double White 8.5k / 8.8k

Tele:
    A2/A3 Tele Bridge Plain Enamel Early CBS-Style Coil
    A3 Tele Neck Plain Enamel Early CBS-Style Coil

info@re-wind.net or (202) 246-0147

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Reach out at 202-246-0147 or info@re-wind.net These can ship the same day.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 22, 2017
  2. Alligatorbling

Alligatorbling ★AstroCat★ Premium Member V.I.P. Member MLP Vendor

Whaaaaaat!? TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THIS FOLKS. James winds THE BEST!

Last edited: Jun 15, 2017
    Mr. Satchmo, cooljuk and socialhero like this.
  3. socialhero

socialhero Senior Member

Killer deal, and James I love the waterslides you got going on!

FWIW - if anyone is on the fence - and IMO - ReWinds are the best vintage and custom pickups on the market.

I have James' pickups in my main recording and live guitars:
    • Les Pauls (custom ZrK hot wind, high output PAF [now PAF1 I think?])
    • ES (Creme Brûlée)
    • Ronin Mirari (JPPre neck prototype in the bridge)
    • Telecaster (Teleblasters as they were...not sure model name today, but they're thicker than clotted blood).
    I also have a set of bloodbuckers he made me, that have been in a few guitars, but I think I finally found the perfect axe for...

And they're never coming out. None of 'em.

Get in on this or regret it. :thumbs:

Last edited: Jun 15, 2017
    cooljuk likes this.
  4. guitaraddict

guitaraddict Premium Member

Email sent.

cooljuk likes this.
  5. cooljuk

I'm getting HAMMERED with emails and messages on FB, folks, so the best way to get the set you want the fastest is to pick up the phone and call me. 202-246-0147 I'll take calls until at least midnight Mountain Time tonight, due to the increased volume. I will be replying to emails in the order I receive them and sales are first-come-first-served, to be fair.

FYI - "O/W" means "overwound" and "U/W" means "underwound." Sorry I didn't make that more clear in the OP, as several have asked.

FYI part II- These pickups DO include my typical lifetime guarantee. However, they do not include the "free mods" that my typical full price sales do. I have had a problem in the past with people buying these discounted sets and immediately asked to have them "free modded" into some other model set that the buyer actually wanted. I complied with a smile then but I won't go through that again, hence this statement. As you can imagine, rebuilding discounted pickups is more than twice the work for half the pay of building a new set. These are marked very discretely internally (only I would know) so that I know they were sold as-is, should one ever come in for mods.

socialhero likes this.
  6. Alligatorbling

I have a set James wound for me in my telecaster. I told him what I was after and he made it happen. This dude knows his stuff. Thats a huge understatement.

Thumpalumpacus, cooljuk, Who and 2 others like this.
  7. cooljuk

Underwound (U/W) Low Output PAF Set with the raw nickel covers in the bottom center of the image is SOLD!

Brewdude likes this.
  8. Brewdude

Brewdude Senior Member

Can't wait to get these in a guitar!

I went from NPUD-withdraw to 2 killer sets in as many weeks, been wanting to try a set of ReWinds for a while so I'm glad I snagged these. I foolishly missed out on the last awesome sale James did so I didn't hesitate this time around :thumb:

cooljuk and Who like this.
  9. Who

Who Who is not here. Please leave a message.... Premium Member

Ryan, on your recommendation, I called about these pickups.

James is a great guy to work with. I have the PAF-1 double-creams (upper-right corner) on the way. :)

socialhero, cooljuk and Brewdude like this.
  10. tazzboy

tazzboy V.I.P. Member

A description of each pickup might make them sell a little faster.

11. cooljuk

Descriptions are on my website www.re-wind.net and demos are on my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/cooljukie

The only pickups without either right now is the Tele set in the corner. That's got early CBS style coils over an A2/A3 combo bridge and an A3 neck bobbin. Very clear and detailed, but fuller than most CBS Fender pickups, due to the A2s and A3s. This bridge is unwrapped but can be wrapped in twine and potted to be black or white and the neck can be covered with whatever cover style fits the guitar best.

Who likes this.
  12. B5Erik

B5Erik Senior Member

Dang it! I don't have my pickup money yet! :mad2:

I had a guitar sold last weekend, but then the buyer flaked out and declined to make the payment. Now I'm super pissed at him rather than just a little pissed! Oh, well. I'm sure they'll go to good homes - just not mine. :dunno:

Who and cooljuk like this.
  13. Alligatorbling

You will not be disappointed!

cooljuk and Who like this.
  14. cooljuk

Double Larry PAF-1 A4 bridge is SOLD!

BlueCajun, socialhero and Who like this.
  15. cooljuk

The double white overwound JPP UOA5 neck and the double white JPP UOA5 neck are both SOLD!

Here's what's left:

Cool A3 P-90 Soapbar Set

Hot A5 P-90 Soapbar Set

Continued below....

Last edited: Jun 16, 2017
  16. cooljuk

...continued:

Hot A5 Dogear P-90 Bridge

Low Output PAF Double White Bridge

Overwound JPPre72 XSA5 Double Black Bridge
    (this is a ROCKIN' hot PAF that stays clear and detailed will . You'll not find a PAF this hot that is this clear. Someone buy this gem so I don't have to build a LP Junior around it!)

A2/A3 Tele Bridge Pickup - The jangle of an early plain enamel CBS coil, the thick sustain of A2 magnets on the upper 4 strings, and the piano-like clarity and responsiveness of A3 magnets on the two bottom wound strings. Can be wound with twine and potted to your preferences for no additional cost.

A3 Tele Neck Pickup - Perfect pairing for the above Tele bridge, but will compliment, brighten up, clarify and greatly improve any Tele setup that has a dark or plain sounding neck pickup. Again, the jangle of an early plain enamel CBS coil, complimented by the clear, detailed and touch responsive A3 magnets under all 6 strings. The coils and magnets are just a hair taller than a typical Fender design, for added brightness and clarity that many Tele neck pickups lack. Raw nickel, polished nickel, or polished nickel with an open center cover available and included. If you need a gold cover, I can get you one plated but it will add a week and about $15, as I don't normally stock those.

Here's the layout of the magnets in a Tele, for the visual folks, if you pair the above two pickups. It's my favorite Tele combo, as it rocks and sustains when needed and is super clear and detailed when needed, without any of the typical Tele-neck-mud. The best of an early 1950's Broadcaster and mid-60's early CBS Tele, all in one.

E A D G B E
    A3 A3 A3 A3 A3 A3 Neck
    A3 A3 A2 A2 A2 A2 Bridge

socialhero and tazzboy like this.
  17. Dilver

Dilver Senior Member

This will be my first experience with Re-Wind pickups, and I have yet to receive/install, but I will say this: James is top notch, when it comes to customer service. Absolute pleasure to work with and extremely helpful answering any questions. Says a lot about a company.

18. socialhero

socialhero Senior Member

I've spoken with James a number of times on the phone and via PM and email. He's not only guided my pickup choices, and wound me killer custom gear; he's hooked me up with very special other custom parts, like capacitors, and given me a lot of honest feedback and support for my band and our recordings.

He is a top notch, standup guy and I am honored to call him a friend.

Your pickups, like your experience, I'm absolutely certain will not disappoint! :thumb:

Dilver, Who, Brewdude and 1 other person like this.
  19. Brewdude

Brewdude Senior Member

An evening that started with great despair as my local burrito place ran out of guacamole turned to jubilation as USPS delivered these today when they were scheduled to arrive on Monday when I was going to be out of town. I've been dying to try out a set of ReWinds and I'll echo the above that James has great customer support. I can't wait to try these out, just need to figure out which guitar to try them in :thumb: Its a shame semi-hollows are such a pain to rewire as I'll bet the Low Winds would sound great...
    [​IMG]

20. cooljuk

Still a few more of these pickups left. I could have sworn that last year when I did this I got asked "What, no P-90s?" a few times. Two soapbar sets and a dogear single are available! I can convert them between dogear/soapbar and provide a variety of plastic and metal covers for these, as well (for a few bucks extra).