[Clean tone] I ALWAYS go back to Roland amps! NAD-JC-55

Discussion in 'The Squawk Box' started by JZ06, May 3, 2015.

1. JZ06

JZ06 Senior Member

I've had a number of Roland JC-55's and JC-77's. They're such great amps for cleans. Very clear, bright, with punchy bottom end. A little noisy(Hiss) but it's the way they are.

I just sold an Alessandro Fender Deluxe Reverb. It wasn't my cup of tea...plain and simple.

About two weeks ago, I was talking to my friend, Rohn Lawrence. He advised me to go back to a 77 or a 55. I looked on GC's web page and found both. It wasn't my intention to buy both, but who was I kidding? For the price? You can't go wrong. The 77 arrived from PA and certainly had telltale signs of being gigged. Metallic blue paint all over the grill cloth :) , The Roland emblem was removed and there was sticker residue all over it. I plugged in my les paul and it was a heavenly sound. Fat, punchy lows, clean, clear highs and that lush chorus sound!

I was at a local event that Rohn plays at, and saw that He was using the 55. LOL, right then and there, I had to get the little brother to the 77 and 120. I took a ride to GC in Southington, CT today and took it home for a great deal. The thing is mint! Very little use, quiet! I used some vinyl cleaner and it looks even better. Like brand new.

I am sure some dislike Roland amps, some like them. I think it is a fantastic clean amp with super tone and it doesn't weigh a ton to lug around at gigs. I would post pics, but I am sure everyone knows what they look like :) Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Jay

1 person likes this.
  2. FUS44

FUS44 Senior Member

I have been a huge Roland amp fan for years. I have always used two amps: one tube and one solid state to compliment each other's attack, harmonics, stereo washes......

I love the sound of fuzz boxes through the twin speakered Rolands, although right now I have a JC-50, single 12. Great amps.

1 person likes this.
  3. Standard 64

Standard 64 Senior Member

Best tones I ever had and have is mixing a tube amp with a solid state amp via a ABY pedal.Radial Twin City.

1 person likes this.