Christmas

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by Frogfur, Dec 1, 2017.

1. scott1970

scott1970 Senior Member

I'm off this Christmas day. No domestics, DUIs, or slit wrists for me this year! Santa loves me afterall.

dave b, BlankinLoud, PRCJ and 7 others like this.
  2. Alligatorbling

Alligatorbling ★AstroCat★ Premium Member V.I.P. Member MLP Vendor

i have a gopro knock off, i forget who its made by. i use it to make dirt bike and atv videos. it only cost like 50 bucks. heres a video i shot with it. the video quality isnt what a go pro gives, but its good enough for me.

PRCJ, HeartString and I Break Things like this.
  3. jc2000

jc2000 Senior Member

Agreed! We don't over do it or over spend on our kids.. That's not what its about.

PRCJ and HeartString like this.
  4. NRBQ

NRBQ Senior Member

Anything's better than Tommy's creepy Christmas..

HeartString and redjunior like this.
  5. jdto

jdto Pretend Human Premium Member

Yeah. Family stuff at this time of year always puts me a bit on edge. It's usually when I go into a bit of a downturn, so I have to be vigilant and try to use all the techniques I've learned over the years to deal with my bouts of depression. It's better now than it used to be, but I can already feel it starting and it wears me out. For me, December is about making it through.

6. Thumpalumpacus

Thumpalumpacus Senior Member

Those of us in retail think about it a little different ...

7. Ed B

Ed B Senior Member

I’ve always loved this time of year. Even before kids. The spirit of people. The lights, music, food.

Our family gets together as much as possible. We love all holidays for that reason.

Now that we have kids. Forget about it! It’s even more special. Seeing their joy can’t be quantified.

Hope everyone has a great and safe holiday season. :cheers2:

8. I Break Things

I Break Things Senior Member

December is a really conflicted month for me. There are things I love about it, like Christmas and my anniversary. It's also the month I lost my grandpa. Nine years later and I still always get depressed at the end of November and beginning of December for seemingly no reason. Then I think back and remember it's when I lost my grandpa, and I still haven't gotten over that.

PRCJ and HeartString like this.
  9. I Break Things

I Break Things Senior Member

Heck yeah, dude! One of my sisters-in-law decided to take up ukulele a few months ago, so I've been helping her learn theory and rhythm. (Don't ask me about lead playing; I suck at it and I'm a punk rhythm player through and through). It's great seeing kids want to play an instrument. It takes creativity, patience, and intelligence. All great traits to hone. Most people my age listen to music that's all electronic. If that's what you're into, cool, but it's so cool to me when people want to learn an instrument and how to create music.

CRobbins likes this.
  10. Bytor1958

Bytor1958 Senior Member

So far for me the most stressful thing was climbing on the roof to put lights up. So close to the edge I could fall and break something. :run:

HeartString and I Break Things like this.
  11. cybermgk

cybermgk Singin' the body lectric Premium Member V.I.P. Member

12. HeartString

HeartString Senior Member Premium Member

Same here. I can't wait for it to be over.

JonCanfield and jdto like this.
  13. JonCanfield

JonCanfield Platinum Supporter Premium Member

+1 on this. Keep up the appearances for my wife, but for me it's kind of a depressing time. Mainly because I know winter is coming and I hate winter. It's not so bad now that we're back in CA, but I have to be sure to stay on my meds.

Thumpalumpacus, HeartString and PRCJ like this.
  14. SteveC

SteveC Get off my f*cking lawn. V.I.P. Member

January can't get here soon enough. It's all a load of shit between now & then.

My parents loved the Christmas holidays and I always miss them most this time of year. I loved Christmas for my kids and now I love it for my grandkids.

But, overall - meh. This is the time of year that I start to long for Spring!

HeartString and PRCJ like this.
  15. rcole_sooner

rcole_sooner Senior Member

I hate Winter (or at least Winter where it gets cold), but I love Christmas through New Years.

I guess really I just like the time off work mostly. :thumb:

Usually I use the cold-trapped-in-the-house-timeoff to play video games. I have my eye on Far Cry 5 and Assassin's Creed origins this year. We shall see, as I've really not been playing as much the last few years. Takes way more time than I am willing to give it. I think Rocksmith is really cutting into my video game time.

PRCJ and Ed B like this.
  16. LPMarshall Hack

LPMarshall Hack Senior Member

A thread about Frogfur's sexcapades is what this forum has been missing.

17. PRCJ

PRCJ Senior Member

You should have that checked out.

You're doing it wrong.

The days are their shortest, the land is barren... religious or not, who wouldn't welcome a holiday at this time of year. Lights, cheerful music, cookies... One would need to be dead inside.

I'll be home for Christmas. I'm booked and ready to go. Family, food, laughs... the things all the money in the world can't buy you.

Merry Christmas!

Thumpalumpacus, Ed B and rcole_sooner like this.
  18. Caleb

Caleb Senior Member

What's not to love about Santa's birthday, or however this thing got its start?

SteveC likes this.
  19. HeartString

HeartString Senior Member Premium Member

I use to love winter until I turned 40. Now the bones don't like it. For me December is anxiety driven. Extra meds please! I finally got that worked out. That Paroxitine is good shvt imho. I wish I tried it 20 years ago. Come on summah!!!

I Break Things, JonCanfield and PRCJ like this.
  20. Side Burns

Side Burns Senior Member

Merry Christmas to everyone.

My deepest sympathies to those who are working overtime during the holidays and those who dont have friemds ams family to get together with. Christmas is more than the Coca-Cola comerciale fest buying spree.

Do something nice for someone who needs it, if you need some cheer I hope someone shares some good cheer with you (even in passing)