Chord Inversions

Discussion in 'Guitar Lessons' started by MIDNIGHT, Dec 18, 2007.

1. MIDNIGHT

MIDNIGHT V.I.P. Member V.I.P. Member

:rofl:

ok already guys geez :p

yes i know that :p thanks :D

still i'd honestly say i play more by ear than anything else.. geez, all i asked was about chord inversions and modes and i end up getting sermon'd :rofl: :p i'm not all theory.. DEFINITELY NOT! :rofl: :p that's why i feel just a little won't hurt :D

thanks though everybody :wave:

:hippie:

2. MIDNIGHT

i've been crawlin' for 5 years.. my knees hurt :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:D

3. lp59aholicDon

lp59aholicDon V.I.P. Member V.I.P. Member

Nooooo pain, no gain Jason :naughty::naughty: Yer fingers better be hurtin some too, :rofl::rofl:
    you never answered as to if you have your amp yet, once you do, when you do, just start getting used to working the tones of the guitar thru the amp with chords and scales in both clean and over driven tones

4. MIDNIGHT

yeah that's defniitely gonna be another assignment of mine too.. :thumb: figuring out how to achieve all the different tones, discovering my personal settings -- in a nutshell: getting my degree in knob-ology :rofl: :p

5. Blues Power

Blues Power V.I.P. Member

I agree 100% with Slash. you need your ears as a third hand. try tabbing by ear by just playing what you hear. youll automatically learn all this stuff and technics without having to think about it. then once you have a certain technic down like a double stop or weird chord fingerings, then you can ask what is that.

The song that taught me the most about lil chords, double stops and stuff was SRV version of little wing. that darn song gave me so many lil fingerings that I didnt know existed.

and belive it or not I only learned that song about 8 years ago. The other 25 years I didnt have a clue to that style

now I fit all those little technics into other songs lile I shot the Sheriff and it sounds so much fuller between the changes use I incorporate that flavor into it.

6. lp59aholicDon

Get a lil note book write down good settings and keep em close with the amp so you dont have to go back to it laters tryin to remember how you copped a good tone

7. ReverendJWblues

ReverendJWblues MLP Chaplain V.I.P. Member

Hell I just turn all the knobs as far as they will go. :naughty:

8. MIDNIGHT

good idea Don :wave:

:thumb:

9. MIDNIGHT

yeah i'm a very by-ear person :thumb: most of the stuff i learn is mostly by ear.. i've made up countless stand-alone-solo-guitarish-chord-style type stuff off of a bunch of songs.. not too big a fan of tabs, and i don't read sheet music either -- but i get by just fine [​IMG]

10. lp59aholicDon

Hell Brother, What ever works for ya man!:rofl::rofl::rofl:

11. ReverendJWblues

:rofl: I know you know better than that.

12. lp59aholicDon

Yankin your chain right back Brother Rev, The Expandora is now officially MINE ! Yeeeeeee HAaaaa this thing smokes ! But wouldnt use it much for rhthym playing unless the amp was somethin like a Fender Twin or Bassman Re Issue

13. ReverendJWblues

Maybe you could with like a BBE 462 get a little seperation.

14. lp59aholicDon

well, I just kick the thing off , Its much easier Bro ! Now sorta adds another gain stage to my rigs, I have yet to plug it into my Seymour Duncan

15. ReverendJWblues

Well bother Ive used the BBE for years for when I want some sweet seperation, evern when driving it, for me it just brings a good warmth to my tones. Mind you I dont use it all the time. Hell I even use my old old MOOG parametric EQ there's just things that never lose my desires I dont have to be all that modern with my gear. BTW I need to have some work done on my JCM 900 knobs have gotten dirty after all these yrs and shes got a bad hum on the grounding. One of my wifes friends was here last night from Dallas and had his D-28 I played it for hours, and I never play acoustic anymore because of my hand strength issues but damn this thing was sweet. Damn sweet tone. So I guess my appeciation for other guitars and music in general have been opened up back to my younger yrs. Damn I sounded good (not bragging) he said I should be a sales rep for Martin. Damn I appreciated that. We were gonna go guitar shopping today but the snow moved in and he has a form of MD and cant take the weather so he left back to Dallas. I have got to get some of this new computer recording gear for all this do some clips and stuff, maybe Ill start looking into different guitars again. Damn I had a good fucking time. Im still feeling it, and God it feels great. :)