Chibson Fakes Are Getting Alot Better! Scary!

Discussion in 'Gibson Les Pauls' started by yamariv, Mar 5, 2018.

1. scott 351 wins

scott 351 wins Senior Member

Perhaps, most likely not. EBay would make the seller reimburse the buyer. Then the seller would have to try to get the shipper to pay for damages.

I know 2 wrongs don't make a right but by breaking the headstock off and filing a claim to get reimbursed gets the fake guitar off the market.

I've had to reimburse money back on several items, not because of our packing methods but I'm certain to shady buyers.

So let's say you have a item that you broke and you find one exactly like yours on Ebay. You simply switch out items and file a claim saying that the item you bought was broke when you opened the box.

It's a theory that I have that I've seen done to us a few times. I tried fighting one case for a dumb 30.00 cookie jar that I knew the seller either dropped it while unpacking it or she broke hers and swapped it out with mine. Either way EBay will almost always side with the buyer in these cases.

2. Thumpalumpacus

Thumpalumpacus Senior Member

I get where you're coming from, but even if the shipper wins, that costs everyone who uses them, because those costs are passed along, I imagine.

3. scott 351 wins

scott 351 wins Senior Member

True, good point. Just frustrating watching this going down and EBay doesn't give a crap about it.

yamariv and Thumpalumpacus like this.
  4. scozz

scozz Senior Member

I agree @PierM in reference to costly measures to make a copy more Gibson like. I’m talking about how over the past years they’ve made numerous improvements to little things that are Not expensive. Remember the 3 screw TRC? Also the really bad headstock script and logo, and the deeply flawed horn and bridge and tailpiece placement.

There are more...these are some of the little things that they have corrected to some degree or other. The current counterfeit Chibsons are much better than the ones from only a few years ago, and these are the things we all have posted to help others to discern the difference.

I’m not saying we shouldn’t have done it...I’m merely saying we may have inadvertently helped them to make a better fake with the things they could correct with virtually no additional cost.

yamariv likes this.
  5. PierM

PierM Black & Gold Premium Member

I don't think there are Chinese guys lurking here really.

If they want to create a replica all they need to do is to buy a Gibson Les Paul and use it as template. No need to over complicate the task, reading forum opinions. There are professional templates available. Books with measures. CAD files with measures etc... Again, it's not what they want. They didn't even manage to make a proper Epiphone copy, even if they are made in China, so they can grab one for cheap and clone it. They keep doing it wrong. They don't want to make a 100% clone.

Honestly, it's years there are those "better" chibson. Usually they are the more expensive (around 250/350$), but it's not something happening now, they always been there...if you know where to search.

6. Who

Who I'm back. Back in the New York groove.

Maybe we have helped some replica builders. ;)
    If it were so easy, why doesn't Gibson do that?

scozz and PierM like this.
  7. bluesondoor

bluesondoor Senior Member

That one is so fake it hurts to think it's on display somewhere. A chipmunk or beaver or dog could carve a better headstock.

Thumpalumpacus likes this.
  8. ehb

ehb Chief Discombobulator Premium Member

Y'all mean the leg ain't posed to point right at a freaking gear post?

:cool2:

cherrysunburst00 likes this.
  9. cherrysunburst00

cherrysunburst00 Senior Member

Thanks, @Who I learned this from you a couple months ago, and I always look for this.

Who RULES

10. Skit

Skit Witch Doctor Premium Member

I put in a $10000.00 bid for that POS who wants to start a bidding war? :rofl:

Thumpalumpacus, xxjagerxx and yamariv like this.
  11. yamariv

yamariv Senior Member

Which guitar? The Slash one is all this DB is selling right now since someone bought the other one and got scammed yesterday. I see the Slash is up to $2000 USD! I have a sneaky feeling some of you guys are behind those bids!! :hmm::dude:

So how does it work, bid to win the guitar then report it as a fake and get your money back so no one else can buy it and be scammed this time?

12. Skit

Yeah that's the one. I just put in outrageous bids so I end up winning the auction then I don't pay and I call eBay and explain to them that it is fake and I'm not paying. I have done it quite a few times with no problems and the guitar never gets listed again. Go for it, bid it up like I said I have a 10K bid on it.

endial, Oldskoolrob and yamariv like this.
  13. Danomyte

Danomyte Senior Member

14. Side Burns

Side Burns Senior Member

15. Who

Who I'm back. Back in the New York groove.

upload_2018-3-6_23-59-3.png

Hahahahahahahahahahaha

I bid 10,001 quatloos on the newcomer.

Skit likes this.
  16. Mark V Guitars

Mark V Guitars バナナフライング...

Looks like someone has you beat.

Who likes this.
  17. Skit

Not any longer. :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2: Dig deeper.

Who likes this.
  18. ehb

ehb Chief Discombobulator Premium Member

Y'all is cracking me up...

DarrellV, Who and Skit like this.
  19. xxjagerxx

xxjagerxx Senior Member

Hilarious! Its clearly a fake and a poor one at that, even the signature on the pic guard looks dodgey.

Who likes this.
  20. Skit

We all know it is fake but just so I can have proof from Gibson (that way I can tell e bay that Gibson confirmed it is counterfeit) I sent the pics and the e bay link to Gibson and they of course confirmed it is a counterfeit and is forwarding it to their legal department. Tomorrow it might just disappear. :cheers: