Check this ibanez

Discussion in 'Other Single-Cuts' started by cherrySunburst, Mar 23, 2007.

1. cherrySunburst

cherrySunburst Junior Member

some of those 70s Ibanez copies are so accurate - check this

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Ibanez-...ryZ33043QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

its a Ibanez 2372 - almost identical to the LP professional. Just like the Gibson, it is low impedance only (you need a low impedance amp, or an adapter). The only significant difference is the bolt-on neck.....

very nice copy indeed - and no wonder Gibson took legal action

2. ptate

ptate V.I.P. Member V.I.P. Member

Try the Antoria's as well.

I got given an Antoria Rock Star a few years ago. The guy didn't know what he had and said I could just "have it". They were made at the Fuji-Gen Gakki factory- the same place as Ibanez- and are just as good.

They made a lot of Les Paul copies as well, Customs, Standards etc. Whilst not an LP, Here's mine (picture just doen't do it justice!):

[​IMG]

These are two of the LP copies I've seen (not mine!! I wish they were though!)

[​IMG][/IMG]

3. cherrySunburst

cherrySunburst Junior Member

yeah, that semi is quite nice. Kind of reminds me of the Epiphone Caiola... whilst being different at the same time.... its the badge on the tailpiece and the switches - bolt on neck?

The set necks are something you don't see on many of the copies

4. ptate

ptate V.I.P. Member V.I.P. Member

Cheers,

The Antoria's were/are used by some big names. One of the earliest was Hank Marvin, with one of the latest Noel Gallagher (Oasis). Neither are my cup of tea, but the guitars are great.

Yep, the semi is a bolt on (a maple skunk stripe!), as are the two LPs. All the hardware was Ibanez (similar scripts on the logos), the markers/crown head inlay is MOP. It's believed to be around the mid/late 60's/early 70's (even though the Antoria forum has never seen one like it!).

Board is rosewood (not sure what type) and the binding/plates, 5 ply.

She plays sweet and sounds very, very ballsy.....A lot of grind in them-thar pickups!

All you want to do is thrash it (AC/DC comes to mind) when it's strapped on, it feels that good. I dig the small switches as well- bit different!).

The good thing is, they are still relatively cheap. $500-600 will buy a great Les Paul/Rockstar (the semi) and they are great value.

5. synthetic

synthetic Junior Member

Hey, newby to this forum just throwing in my 2 cents. I've got one of the Ibanez Les Paul copies, it was in less than brilliant shape when I got it the sunburst top was totally had it and the tuners and bridge were toast as well and the neck bolts were corroded away. Had it cleaned up the neck was set by a carpenter mate of mine and the remains of the screw holes covered up and then re-sprayed black with all Gold Hardware, it is now one of my fav's rock solid beauty. The pickups are a bit tired thinking of getting gold PAF's to replace them.