cheapo gibson

Discussion in 'Other Guitars' started by lp junior freak, Aug 26, 2007.

1. lp junior freak

lp junior freak V.I.P. Member V.I.P. Member

found it at mijiers its a cheap guitar with a different name but!!! it say gibson on the box and has the same headstock as a gibson and it was only 100 bucks!!!!!! im gettin one for my 7 year old bro. wat do u think of this guitar and if u have one please post pics. i saw an sg and some type of acustic

2. RobertD

RobertD Senior Member

Can you post a picture of it please.

3. lp junior freak

sure ill have to get the brand name first

4. lp junior freak

[​IMG]

heres the acustic

5. lp junior freak

6. RobertD

RobertD Senior Member

Is that one of those that is put out by Gibson and sold at Target stores and other places.

7. lp junior freak

yeah it says maestro BY gibson but my mom say it could be so that homtown boys buy it and wen there hooked the go to gibson remembering the name on the box. the gibson site says its part of there musical program so that kids can get instuments cheaps so they can learn. eaither way i think it woundnt be a bad idea to get one fo my 7 year old brother to start on . so wat do u think about this ?????

8. 3Steps

3Steps Senior Member

That full size dreadnought may be to big for him to play comfortably right now. Take him down and see if it fits. Things to remember about a first guitar.

1. Does it fit they player properly.

2. Buy a guitar reproduces the sound or type of music that interests them. If it doesn't they WILL likely loose interest quickly.

3. Buy a guitar that has a trussrod so that the action be adjusted as needed.

Electric guitars are eaier to fret and IMO offer a better/easier way to start. You can buy a mini "belt" amp and they can play to their hearts content with the added bonus of putting on a set of headphones for the sanity of the rest of the household.

9. lp junior freak

it a 3/4 size acoustic:acoustic: and my half size is to small so im eyeballin this:fingersx: but it supposed to be a surprize and he isnt the type to tell this dosnt fit well find one at a different store another day but thanks for the advise:thumb::thumb: