Charlotte. / Columbia Guitar Show

Discussion in 'MLP Meets' started by meatball, Mar 1, 2017.

1. meatball

meatball Senior Member

I was curious if the dates had been announced yet on these shows , If I attend one , it will be Charlotte , its the better show . Any word on these yet ,, Usually in June and August ,

2. ezstone13

ezstone13 Junior Member

I saw a post on the Charleston Craigslist that the Columbia guitar show has been canceled this year.

3. meatball

meatball Senior Member

E Z. It was probably due to lack of interest ,,, I have been twice ,,, both times ,it was flat out slack ,,,

Did you go to Spartanburg today ? I was there ,,,I got to see Hard Core Troubador ... I didnt really see anything that stood out as something I really wanted to pay a lot of money for ,,, some of the vendor tried to lowball my buddy on his Les Paul he was attempting to sell .... Very few vendors has accessories to sell ,, The Effects pedal table was pretty cool .....Doubt I go back next year ,,, I preferto save my money to go to a bigger show next year ,, Probably Texas
    No Gibson Trailer , No Martin , No Taylor ,,, Roland had a great table there .. their reps knew their stuff ,,,

4. Left Paw

Left Paw Senior Member

Latest VG mag confirms that the Columbia show is indeed cancelled. I went a few times and was surprised it lasted as long as it did. Paul gave it a shot but the interest just isn't there.

I didn't go to Spartanburg today. Gary has some of the best shows but the whole concept of dealers coming together to sell guitars in one place seems to be slowly dying. Too bad.

5. Bud Stoner

Bud Stoner Senior Member

It's actually the same here in California. The shows are lackluster, nothing really special and the attendees are old and getting older and more bitter with each passing year.

Plus, the the parking fee ($20.00) and the entrance fee ($20.00-ish) plus not so great food and dealing with traffic both ways puts things into perspective with what I wish to do with my free time.

They used to be more fun when the public interest was there. :hmm: