Catalinbread DLC III Trouble Shooting

Discussion in 'Pedals' started by HJR, Nov 5, 2017.

1. HJR

HJR Member

Picked up a Catalinbread Dirty Little Secret III the other day used on reverb.com. Went to try it this afternoon for the first time and I'm having trouble with it. I get pass through sound with it off but when I turn it on I get nothing. The red light comes on but no sounds. Anyways, it is as simple as that. Not sure what the issue would be as this is a pretty simple pedal. I'm sure it's going to be something simple that I am just over looking.

As always, thank you in advance for any or all help!

2. BanditPanda

BanditPanda Senior Member

Reverb.com offers you protection. Inform the vendor & reverb.com.
    You should be able to return it and get your money back.
    BP

3. HJR

HJR Member

Thank you, but I'm hoping I might just be doing something wrong. I'd hate to return it if there is nothing wrong with it. I've had that happen to me before on eBay. It sucks.

4. moreles

moreles Senior Member

Well, if you've tried the switch and run the knobs through their full rotations, and you're getting the un-effected signal, and the light comes on, but you can't engage the effect, I would return it. I work on pedals and am tempted to suggest looking inside for a loose wire or jack the like inside, but -- don't. Don't! It's really easy to screw up connections by fiddling inside. If this happened in a store, you would get someone to look at it. Send it back and have the seller deal with it. An unreliable pedal is the worst.