Hiya! Got me a Cascade X-15 stereo ribbon mic on the bench. Modding the crap out of it ...he he! First, I cut out the waffle grills and replaced the very fine mesh with a larger brass mesh, and I soldered the new mesh to the basket head. The old mesh was just superglued in. Next I replaced the stock transformers with Cinemag CM-9887s. And finally, I cut two new ribbons from 1.2 micron foil. It took me about a dozen tries to get two perfect ribbons cut and then placed and tensioned just the way I wanted. A tense afternoon of steady hands! The stock ribbons are advertised as 2.5 micron....no way! I know what 2.5 looks like...these were way heavier....I'll bet 6 microns. Not only that but they had virtually no corrugation! Here's a pic of the stock ribbon: Going to do a test recording of an orchestra tomorrow. Stay tuned!