Can you genuinely purchase a world class mattress for $259? Six month review with stunning results

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by NRBQ, Feb 10, 2018.

1. Malikon

Malikon Henshin! V.I.P. Member

alright man I took the plunge on your rec and ordered...

817HN8POuFL._SL1500_.jpg

should be here next week. :thumb:

Got that frame and the mattress co. you suggested.

2. Roxy13

Roxy13 Senior Member

I got a memory foam last year and couldn't be happier. Best I've slept in 30 years, I swear. I hadn't slept on my back for 10 years and can now. I had to stop sleeping on my left side too due to shoulder and hip pain; no more pain.

Malikon likes this.
  3. NRBQ

NRBQ Senior Member

I just noticed your post, it should be about time for it to arrive from the stork truck. I am hoping very much that you like it as I'd hate to give anyone bad advice. Fingers crossed.

Malikon likes this.
  4. NRBQ

NRBQ Senior Member

This is the first mattress I've owned that wasn't an inner spring mattress and I'll never go back. I, like you, haven't slept this well and comfortably in 30 years, it's a completely different feeling from an inner spring, much more stable feeling, solid, and yet soft and compliant. Man I need to stop right now or I'm going to go crash this minute, can't wait till bed time, WEE what an exciting life I lead!

5. Malikon

the new black frame should be here today, the red and black sheet set tomorrow, and the mattress thursday or friday. :thumb:

Looking forward to it.

NRBQ likes this.
  6. NRBQ

NRBQ Senior Member

Red and Black sheets, you're crazy man, out of control. BTW those fold up bed frames where you don't use a box spring are solid as a rock. They are so stable, not like the old versions for box springs.

I just bought what I'll call a 'Kitschy' Headboard for my bed, got tired of banging my head on the hard wall. That sounded odd, anyway....Now I've got a touch of Vegas with my gold velvet button plush headboard. Cushy with a touch of cheese.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B012B12WPQ/?tag=mylespaul04-20

7. Malikon

I ordered the padded "leather" (Dr. Evil air-quotes, "Leath-er" ) frame with wooden slates as mattress support, (it came yesterday and is pretty nice, I'm happy with it and it's very heavy and sturdy.)...

81-lq9PnmvL._SL1500_.jpg

and the 12 inch mattress from the company you recommended...

41t2qLVU5ML.jpg

and yeah red and black sheet set w/ (reversible) comforter

61bVi1IZApL._SL1000_.jpg

Should be nice, I'm looking forward to it.

It was nice having that big headboard to put my phone on last night. :thumb:

Tone deaf, Harmony and NRBQ like this.
  8. Olds442

Olds442 Senior Member

i'm in the middle of a customer service war with bob's discount furniture. apparently everything the sales people say about the satisfaction guarantee is 100% BS.

my mattress sags 1.5" and I've had it about 6 months, it seems to have lost all firmness. it feels worse than the 9 year old one i got rid of. every call to CS is a ridiculously long hold to get to a person. literally on hold with them now.

9. pnuggett

pnuggett Senior Member

My father in law bought a $2500.00 mattress, don't know the make, and by six months it was sagging a couple inches. The company sent a rep out and said it wouldn't be covered by warranty until it sagged 4 inches. Read the fine print.

Olds442 likes this.
  10. Olds442

Olds442 Senior Member

yeah they told me to fly a kite.

11. Malikon

that stinks

12. NRBQ

NRBQ Senior Member

Shout out to Mal, how's the bed? Initial thoughts? Although mine was comfortable from day one, it still took a week or so for my body to get used to it, so there was some soreness at the beginning. Now the only time I have back issues is when it's from work or life, the bed is the healer. Anyway, fingers crossed that you're liking your new mattress.

Malikon likes this.
  13. Harmony

Harmony V.I.P. Member

He needs to christen it! :D

NRBQ and Malikon like this.
  14. Malikon

yeah NRBQ it's very comfortable like you said. I do actually look forward to laying down now at the end of the day. :laugh2:

Christen it? That would require some kind of girlfriend type creature.

They're expensive,..ain't got time for that. :laugh2: I'm trying to save my money.

NRBQ and Harmony like this.
  15. SteveC

SteveC Village Elder V.I.P. Member

I bought a Beautyrest from Raymour & Flanigan... stupid expensive. But, it's a killer mattress. They delivered everything and hauled my old shit away. Easy peasy!

NRBQ likes this.
  16. NRBQ

NRBQ Senior Member

Glad to hear it.

Speaking of sleep, here's my number one "listen while you fall asleep album of all time" album of all time! Pink Floyd's 'Wish You Were Here' album, it just drifts over you as you fall asleep, like a cloud drifting over the sky, or like a lazy river winding to and fro.

17. Tone deaf

Tone deaf Senior Member

He's a bachelor. I'm surprised he didn't get zebra print. I'm going to get reverse zebra sheets.

Malikon and Harmony like this.
  18. Harmony

Harmony V.I.P. Member

Ewwwww :laugh2:

Roxy13 and Tone deaf like this.
  19. Tone deaf

Tone deaf Senior Member

That is about what I spent on a king mattress set. Serta requires a 2" sag on both sides to replace. I had them replace my mattress, twice over about six years. I had to harass Serta customer service many, many times to get them to send out the inspectors. I had mattress inspectors come out to the house to inspect. They were cool on both occasions. Neither one flipped the mattress to measure the sag on the other side.

That is still $800 per set and they only last a couple of years. Next time, I'll try the foam.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
    pnuggett likes this.
  20. NRBQ

NRBQ Senior Member

That's the thing that makes the mattress I bought such a great thing, it's comfortable, and it was only $289 so if it lasts two or three years, so what, I'll get another one. The financial commitment needed to take the plunge extremely minimal, and the upside is huge. There are a lot of reviews of this product, and they're mostly the same, great mattress, better value.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
    Malikon, Tone deaf and Z2112 like this.