Can you genuinely purchase a world class mattress for $259? Six month review with stunning results

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by NRBQ, Feb 10, 2018.

1. Duane_the_tub

Duane_the_tub Senior Member

I tried one of these a few years back, and ended up flipping it on CL after about a month. The chemical smell just wouldn't go away, and made my wife nauseous. Sounds like they've addressed that issue now. We ended up with a Simmons, the model they use in fancy hotels. It wasn't cheap, but it's heavenly comfortable.

2. Caleb

Caleb Senior Member

A couple years ago I went out and sprung for a fairly pricey mattress and box spring combo. It's quite nice and pretty comfy. And I've literally slept on it maybe a dozen times, tops. Ain't that some shit? :laugh2: The fact is I've been a living room couch guy for many years for various reasons and I've simply never bothered breaking the habit. At this point it feels kind of weird to me to sleep in a bed.

Harmony and Malikon like this.
  3. sk8rat

sk8rat Senior Member

I might have to buy one. I cant justify spending over $1k on a bed/mattress when I could buy something much cooler instead.

Caleb likes this.
  4. sk8rat

sk8rat Senior Member

aren't they all?

SixAngryStrings likes this.
  5. SixAngryStrings

SixAngryStrings Señor Member Premium Member

99% of the most “liked” ones are:cheers2:

Caleb likes this.
  6. NRBQ

NRBQ Senior Member

I'm telling you you don't have to spend $1,000 I lived for years with a shity mattress because I didn't think I could afford a quality mattress. And then I bought a house and I didn't want to take my old shity mattress so I just started looking and that was when I found this best price mattress company. Years and years I slept on that old mattress probably still be on it right now if I hadn't bought a house. And I have smelled absolutely zero chemical or any odor from this mattress and I have a good sniffer not even a hint of it I swear. And I'll say it again it's not just comfortable it's crazy comfortable it's really really nice and absolutely affordable.

sk8rat likes this.
  7. Harmony

Harmony V.I.P. Member

I’ve got a great memory foam mattress king size . Really comfortable . But I have not slept in it since my shoulder injury.
    Sofa has become my bed in nearly a year now :laugh2:

When I was away in Boston I had some luxurious beds in the hotels but couldn’t sleep :laugh2:

I would never get a spring mattress again though.

parts and Caleb like this.
  8. Malikon

Malikon Henshin! V.I.P. Member

ya'll talked me into it. Next bulk pickup (trash) day this Spring I'll pitch out my bed and get a good one.

Matt_21, Caleb and Harmony like this.
  9. NRBQ

NRBQ Senior Member

This has absolutely nothing to do with anything but I'm going to F'n post it anyway, and for no good reason.

Vintage 1977 Live Sky:

tjbitt likes this.
  10. Caleb

Caleb Senior Member

Bulk trash day, my ass. Take it out to the boonies and blast it to smithereens with a shotgun. Way more fun.

11. Malikon

are you suggesting some kind of illegal dumping and littering Mr. Ossifer Sir? :D :laugh2:

Harmony and Matt_21 like this.
  12. NRBQ

NRBQ Senior Member

His plan is a sound one provided you have enough shotgun shells to turn the mattress into "environment" then it's ok, cause you know it's just dust n, stuff.

Beaver Creek and Malikon like this.
  13. matthew bear

matthew bear Senior Member

I have spent my first night on this mattress and it is quite nice! it's way better than the ikea mattresses I checked out last weekend. the only thing that may matter to someone out there is the lack of stiffer "border foam" for the edges. it's not as easy to sit on the edge of the bed to put shoes on. My last bed had this, and it out lasted the center making a hammock out of the bed...that wound up hurting the hell outta my back after a while.

So far, so good :thumb:

NRBQ likes this.
  14. Malikon

they sound great but I wonder/worry about durability. Will it hold up for a year or two? or will the foam compress and deform?

either way I'm very curious, my bed sucks. :laugh2:

NRBQ likes this.
  15. matthew bear

matthew bear Senior Member

I figure at the price point If it only lasts 2 years I'm averaging the same cost per night as my other expensive mattress. I think foam wont go much farther than 10 years but I'm anticipating at least 5... and the warranty is for 10.

NRBQ and Malikon like this.
  16. NRBQ

NRBQ Senior Member

Fingers crossed it's a good fit, even though it was comfortable from day one, it still took my body a couple of weeks to sort of long term adjust if that makes sense. What I like is that it feels like a very firm bed at first, then it just eases up a bit, then a bit more till it's softly firm, or firmly soft. It's soft but never envelopes you, and it's firm but very forgiving and embracing. I really hope it'll get better and better for you like it has for me. I'd hate to give bad advice.

17. NRBQ

NRBQ Senior Member

I think the longevity really is the million dollar question although apparently it has a pretty strong 10 year warranty. I can't read and so watched an episode of The Banana Spitz instead. So anyway...

For me the comfort is unquestioned, and the price is probably about as low as one can expect and still get quality in terms of comfort and quality sleep. I mean really how much lower a price can one expect right? So it lasts two years, or three, that's still not much in the big picture, and I suspect it'll last much longer than that. I'm now sleeping on this mattress seven going on eight months and there is no depression or low spots. Even though you don't flip the mattress, I am turning it around about every two months. Only time will tell, but so far it's just like new, maybe better now.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2018
    Malikon likes this.
  18. MooCheng

MooCheng Senior Member

the memory foam mattress are great, was sceptical at first about all the hype but we've had ours a couple of years now and its holding up pretty good.
    On the other hand were both in our 60's so its not had a hard life

19. Malikon

If there's a top and bottom you can't 'really' rotate it though right? I mean you can turn the head section down to the feet section but you can't actually flip the mattress over.

Regardless I'm still interested. Seems like you can get a decent frame and a decent mattress for like $500. That's a great price for both.

20. NRBQ

NRBQ Senior Member

Right you're not flipping it, but you can obviously rotate it, which might not even make any difference at all, but you do it cause that's what you do.

Malikon likes this.