Can someone interpret this CL ad for me?

Discussion in 'eBay Deals' started by JCarno, Nov 28, 2016.

1. JCarno

JCarno Senior Member

Here's the link: http://syracuse.craigslist.org/msg/5891237235.html

Here's the guys description for those that don't want to bother with the link.

Ok, I get most of the part about the amp except "then a long goes for 375all the same time dude at every second dozen 50 different things that piece alone cost me $75".:hmm:
    But what does he want in trade? What is a Fender American horror Schachter?:confused:
    And what does"I wanted the new EVH catarrhs letting you know whatever you got I'm in the motorcycles to salina I meant a lot of things" garble mean?:dunno: Is "catarrhs" some kind of new slang for guitars?
    Kinda sounds like he was tripping on some sort of hallucinogenics when he wrote it.
    I've thought about emailing him but my actual name shows up from sender and I don't think I want him to know my name.

2. chasenblues

chasenblues Senior Member

Create a new/different email address using yahoo/google just for buying/selling on CL without your real name.

Just taking a wild guess i wonder what he used to create/post the ad..

Maybe what ever it was finished-guessed-spell checked(Incorrectly) his sentences.

Or maybe you're correct about the hallucinogenics.:laugh2:

3. cybermgk

cybermgk Singin' the body lectric Premium Member V.I.P. Member

COMPLETE swaggin guess here.

"This is all brand-new and has custom lights on it where you can make them yellow blue green red purple do it with an orange one 12 PP CD cabinet then a long goes for 375"

EVH 5150 III with custom backlighting that can be yellow, blue, green, red and purple.

He is including in the deal an Orange 1x12 cab, that alone costs 375.

"all the same time dude at every second dozen 50 different things that piece alone cost me $75"

I THINK refers to the above lighting. And, guessing here, that it means you can have it do all the colors at once, cycle through them every second, and do other things like flash. and that mod cost him 75 bucks.

"looking to trade for a nice guitar I play rock 'n' roll so I'd want something like a less power something like a Fender American horror Schachter nice ones "

Interpreting this as he wants a 'lighter' guitar, i.e. not for metal, like a Fender American Strat or, "horror of horrors' a Schecter. Wants a good condition?

"I wanted the new EVH catarrhs letting you know whatever you got I'm in the motorcycles to salina I meant a lot of things "

The latter part I believe is saying he is open to trades not just for guitars, but a large spectrum of things, so tell him what you have. He has a broad range of interests from motorcycles to whatever the hell salina is.

I think he WANTS the new EVH guitar is the first part. But, again, just throwing darts here.

4. talonmm

talonmm Junior Member

I have no idea what he is trying to say, but looking at his pictures, interests, and articulation, I'd be afraid to meet him at his place.

My biggest concern is that he would chop me into little pieces and display my head on his amp.

5. JCarno

JCarno Senior Member

Thanks guys.
    I'm thinking of offering an Orange DT in trade just for the EVH Head and he can keep his Orange cab. Does that sound fair? The DT goes for 900.00 new and the EVH 1000.00.
    Just noticed he has a phone# listed but when I think about calling him I get a shiver down my spine.:laugh2:

6. cybermgk

Get a 20 buck throw away phone

You might have to add a salina on your side, whatever in the world that is.

7. JCarno

JCarno Senior Member

My 20 buck throw away phone is my main phone :laugh2:
    salina!!!??? :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

8. DavGrape

DavGrape Senior Member

Cybermgk! Brilliantly sorted out!

9. jenton70

jenton70 Premium Member

lolololol come on dawg

10. Rocco Crocco

Rocco Crocco Senior Member

I'll bet you guys my next paycheck... that dude has a girl chained up in his basement.

11. SGeoff

SGeoff Premium Member

you figger him for a pole guy or a radiator guy?:naughty:

12. cybermgk

Pole. Radiator would pop/melt his type of 'girl'.

13. guitarjoem

guitarjoem Senior Member

Okay, here's my guess -
    This is all brand new and has custom lights in it where you can make them yellow, blue, red, green & purple. I'll trade it with the Orange 1x12 PPCB (ClosedBack). That alone goes for $375. Also throw in the LCD that does 50 different things. That piece alone cost me $75. The amp is a 50W Fender EVH with pedal. Sounds Unbelievable. Looking to trade for a nice guitar. I play Rock and Roll so I'd want something like a Les Paul or a Fender (American) or a Schechter (Nice one). I wanted the New EVH Guitar. Letting you know, what ever you've got, I'm into from motorcycles to sativa. I mean a lot of things.

I figure he relied solely on voice recording from his smartphone and didn't bother to review it before posting. Yikes!

14. TattooedCarrot

TattooedCarrot Ferro Picta Carota

He's saying he's drunk or skipped his meds, probably both.

15. Curious George

Curious George Senior Member

OMG... I laughed out loud at this... where is the LIKE button... ARGH.

16. bblooz

bblooz Senior Member

Just dial *67 first (this should block your ANI). You should get a second dial tone, then dial the number. It should show up on the other end as "number unknown/unavailable"

17. Gemini Guitars

Gemini Guitars Junior Member

As guitarjoem said, I'm pretty certain he used voice-to-text to compose that. I have received numerous impenetrably chaotic messages from friends that use it. When you read it again, imagine it is being slurred by an idiot and most of what guitarjoem said sounds right. Also, lotion and a basket will be involved.

18. JCarno

JCarno Senior Member

Never thought of cannabis sativa :hmm:
    Makes sense though!! :laugh2:

19. Bigfoot410

Bigfoot410 Premium Member

Pretty sure he wants to trade an orange unicorn for a badass donkey, that still retains the magic that a unicorn possesses.