Caged Practice routine.

Discussion in 'Guitar Lessons' started by Roger G Lewis, Jul 8, 2012.

1. Roger G Lewis

Roger G Lewis Senior Member

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ce3B-DvAWXc]CAGED SEQUENCE LESSON - YouTube[/ame]

Tim Fezziwig and BlueZombie like this.
  2. Mindfrigg

Mindfrigg Senior Member

Say what now?

5 people like this.
  3. Roger G Lewis

You could try some Open D Sevastapol stuff.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zq_7W8HOSN8]Open D tuning Primer and Sebastapol open d lesson.m4v - YouTube[/ame]

4. Les Paul Newb

Les Paul Newb Senior Member

Huh???

2 people like this.
  5. Sakamoto

Sakamoto Senior Member

You want to run that by us again?

2 people like this.
  6. Roger G Lewis

Any questions will be fully adressed by our Guitarlearninggifts reverb nation page.

GuitarLearningGifts | Angelholm, SE | Jam / From Clasicall through Metal to Hard Bop / Jazz,Rock, Blues, Indie | Music, Lyrics, Songs, and Videos | ReverbNation

if just listening to some music is your bag as you already have more than enough guitar nouse under your belt you could check out our band page

BelmontJam/Lilagatubandet | Angelholm, SE | Blues / Rock / Folk | Music, Lyrics, Songs, and Videos | ReverbNation

Thanks for watching.

7. jamman

jamman Premium Member

WOW ...... I'm Amazed . I've never seen anything like This before . :shock:
    Does the word EDIT,,, ring a bell ?Or PLAN ? no offence meant ,but maybe give it a try . :cool:

3 people like this.
  8. Big Cheese

Big Cheese Member

So you have a band, and you're a guitar teacher?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyxwasJLx4s&feature=plcp]Le Grange Improv - YouTube[/ame]

How much do you charge for lessons?

5 people like this.
  9. Mindfrigg

Mindfrigg Senior Member

The accompaniment was quite good, but I have one criticism. The guitar was too loud. I could hear it.

10. Roger G Lewis

so i am assuming that you chaps never practice and everything you play is perfect from the first time you touch your magik axes?
    I offer obline line guitar lessons yes- Not in performance but in guitar playing understanding the instrument and music.I alalso offer instruction in the use of digital recording equipment and advise on tone and live sound re inforcement I charge 200 kroners per hour approx 30 dollars .

Viking Sound Cooperative - Home

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZ4zEFm6bVY&feature=plcp]bit of FAT BOTTOM SERIES funk improv - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5I1-F7DaSw&feature=plcp]Somewhere over the rainbow - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxG3vPt2kyo&feature=plcp]while my guitar gently weeps - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbp5Jt5tr9c&feature=plcp]FAT BOTTOMS SERIES: Frequency response Curve Analysis - YouTube[/ame]

Teaching is about displaying vulnerabilities and showing the process of learning not about showing off and pretending to be infallable it requires humility and empathy, patience and passion these are all qualities which I am deeply committed to.

Thanks for your interest, If you don't like my lessons or style of teaching then I wish you luck finding what chimes with your own requirements there are plenty of excellent lessons on line and teachers are like shoes there is no point persevering in an uncomfortable pair.

1 person likes this.
  11. Mindfrigg

Mindfrigg Senior Member

Sorry. Don't mean to be rude. But why post tentative jams on youtube?What am I to glean from that?:hmm:
    I feel it is presumptious to post performances that are not up to your own standards, if that one was not.:cool:
    I understand the process of learning a new piece, or improvisation,and I flub and noodle around myself in the process. But I would never post a video of it . You are inviting a critique by doing so.:)

artis_xe and joedonner2001 like this.
  12. Roger G Lewis

We all learn from our mistakes personally, and it is very helpful when learning to see where the teacher also makes mistakes and isolates the more difficult parts where one then focuses ones practice time.
    The purpose of my You tube videos is to invite the sort of critical analysis you mention. Obviously if your level of playing is beyond the pieces posted they will be of little assistance to you.
    I rarely post performances to You Tube I usually post what I am learning or the first run through or even early run throughs of songs I have just written and where I am still working on the arrangement.If someone wants to see me live they can come and see me. If I want to show live performance then I will post one of my bands gigs, we have one on 4th of August so I might post that.Of course it is not so easy to set up and run a camera whilst performing.

Accompanying My Partner doing a kids show
    1. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aigJSIera4]SHOW DET AR BLUD AMELIE DAGIS.AVI - YouTube[/ame]

Accompaniement for my Partner on Clarinet at a local regular gig for old folks
    2. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ya6gt0xaak]Varm Korv Boogie SHORT - YouTube[/ame]

Decided to record a song I had just written in the forest where we live.

3. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aiPnve6Iwc]Lifes energy Stream - YouTube[/ame]

13. Roger G Lewis

Is there a link you can post to your You Tube channel I´d like to see your work on You Tube. I also have a VG88 which I enjoy very much. I also have a Variax and POD xt Live . All said and done whilst i am into modeling very much so in fact I am not a great one for Effects and pedals, we are all different after all.

14. Mindfrigg

Mindfrigg Senior Member

I do not have youtube posts , and I guess I should not throw stones therefore.:naughty: My physical resources in that vein are limited.
    I am just revitalizing my musical endeavours and will be glad to inform you of my Soundcloud posts (when they happen) so you may take potshots in return!:laugh2: Fair is fair.:thumb:
    My sojourns ARE effect driven, as I would say Fripp is my principle model of six-string philosophy. I don't lay any claims of being anywhere near his level of skill or creativity.
    Your point about seeing the instructor find his way into a performance is valid, but needs to be conveyed, I feel , verbally, if it is for the purpose of instruction. It could be on my end, but I found your lesson post difficult to hear. Perhaps you could boost the volume a bit?

15. Roger G Lewis

We begin with the possible and gradually move towards the impossible. This implies knowing where we are going ( that is . being clear of our aim), knowing what we have to do to get there and knowing what resources we may draw upon.

4. Abandon personal judgement and have fun

Learn to trust the inexpressible benevolence of the creative impulse.

Para phrased form Robert Fripps forward to the Ralph Denyer Guitar Handbook 1992

There is Praxis and there is cheap talk mindfrigg, I don´t take pot shots but I do support the courage of my own convictions perhaps you do too?
    Good luck with your own playing, I will not be turning the volume of my own guitar down based on your advice I have always looked for example from those I take any note of.You might find this blog I wrote of some interest.

MUSO MUSINGS On Fatherhood Theory and STuff: Why GAS may be bad for your guitar playing.
    Gas ( Guitar Acquisition Syndrome) is bad for your Guitar Playing.

Works of Lucian, Vol. III: Remarks Addressed to an Illiterate Book-fancier

Lucian writing in AD 150 identified even back then the phenomena of people mistaking the possession of an object as being a substitute for the skill in its use. For that one had to acquire learning and that learning was not bought it had to be acquired through actual work. Without the work or study all that was inherent in the purchase was empty bragging rights of reflected glory, or worse.

or perhaps this one on My friends the Cure gig at Roskilde a few weeks back

MUSO MUSINGS On Fatherhood Theory and STuff: Socratic Management, learning by remembering.

I´ll spare you the dictum of Epictetus for now.

16. BlueZombie

BlueZombie Senior Member

LOL I love this Roger guy

3 people like this.
  17. Mindfrigg

Mindfrigg Senior Member

The crack about turning down yer volume was me being a wag.
    What I meant later was the volume of your lessons seem too low and perhaps could benefit from a volume boost. But as I say maybe it's my end. It does however seem low in comparison to standard Youtube posts, that's all:) They are difficult for me to hear.

18. chriskoz

chriskoz Senior Member

I'm intrigued. Do they have the equivalent of America's Got Talent where you live? If so, audition.

2 people like this.
  19. Roger G Lewis

I live in Sweden, they do have those sorts of shows here as well. I can´t say they interest me at all.

Another minstrel and poet for the muse of the new Socratic school of Management is Robert Smith, Front man of The Cure. I was invited to their Show headlining Roskilde last night by Roger O'donnel their Keyboard player a friend of mine, Roger reminds me of Timotheus,(3) Harmonides teacher. Who counsels his pupils not to seek the wisdom of crowds as a crutch for their own self esteem, better, to be admired by ones peers, secure in your own motivations of your trueself.

1 person likes this.
  20. Big Cheese

Big Cheese Member

Nope. Teaching is about one person (the teacher) helping another person (the pupil) to acquire knowledge and/or skills which the teacher already possesses. For example, a teacher of French must know French if he wants to teach other people the language. A teacher of Physics must understand Physics in order to teach it. A juggling teacher can only help his pupils to learn to juggle, if he himself can juggle. Etc., etc., etc...

Making videos of oneself dropping the balls is not a way to teach people how to juggle...

:wave:

7 people like this.